Cheaper TTS tool holders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    You thread mill on the Tormach? I started to, but I have to thread a lot of holes.
    I do, but I use one of these instead of those stupid single point sloooooow things. Takes just seconds with these, but I obviously have to buy several with different pitches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	threadmill.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1900315

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixture plate.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	1900334 This was all thread-milled, about 90-off M8 holes to turn an old piece of tooling plate into a fixture plate.
      Can't remember the exact time, but thread-milling the whole lot was less than 5 minutes

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=1849631&type=thumb.jpg Views:	4 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	1900330
      Last edited by Peter N; 09-19-2020, 01:19 PM. Reason: Edit for larger pic

Comment

The cheaper TTS holders are not hardened...

Comment

Fortunately as I mentioned back in post #6 "Considering how affordable the standard TTS tool holders are from Tormach its pretty hard to beat them by much."

Actually as tool holders go (in the grand scheme of all the different tool holders out there) they are one of the cheaper tool holders available. Also quite a wide range from ER16 to ER32, variety of set screw holders, modular tooling, arbors for a variety of applications, and even different TC tappers. Not all are as cheap as their basic end mill holders, but compared to many other types of tool holders out there they are quite affordable. I know I'm starting to sound like a Tormach fanboy, but I really am not. It just makes financial sense, and they ship from the USA. Typically within a day or two.
          Last edited by Bob La Londe; 10-08-2020, 11:41 AM.
          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            The cheaper TTS holders are not hardened...
            The cheap ebay ones I got were indeed hardend, and ground. The quality was quite impressive. Of course, like many things from china, quality can vary all over the map. The seller I bought from actually manufactured the holders themselves. The seller was "bsello168" no idea if he is still selling on ebay or not, it was several years ago I bought them.

Comment

At this point, suppose I'll start buying the ER16's from Tormach again. I have one of their holders and it is NICE quality.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                At this point, suppose I'll start buying the ER16's from Tormach again. I have one of their holders and it is NICE quality.
                I almost wish they had an ER11 version for the smaller shank cutters.
                *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Working...
                X