Bits & Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bits & Pieces

I've changed my method of machining a little bit were often I simply cut out by slotting a piece because it's faster than machining away all of the material. The amount of time it takes is more important to me than whether or not I wear out an end mill. as a result I've started to get small accumulation of bits and pieces like these. I was wondering if one of you guys could use them. Not somebody who just wants to take something cuz it's free but somebody who actually actively does machining using small pieces of stock like this.

Az, USA

If it's more trouble than it's worth I'll just keep tossing I'm in a bucket.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG1240.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	1884799
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

That's very generous of you Bob. I have all I need, but I bet there are plenty of newbies who would love some of those.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

My hope was that somebody who barely scraped together enough money for a used Taig might see my offer, but really anybody who would actually have a use for such small bits and pieces would be ok.
      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Ill always jump at the opportunity to get my hands on some bits and pieces, seems like i always need a small piece of something i just dont have. Mind if i PM you?

Comment

Go ahead.

Comment

This is a great offer.

Comment

I call those Melty Bits, because I am doing lost foam castings for fun. I found that the 6000 series alloys cast pretty well if you add about 7% silicon. That makes the alloy quite close to 356 casting alloy in content.

Comment

Working...
              X