New taig cnc mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New taig cnc mill

Been considering a 4 th axis attachment for my TAIG CNC Mini Mill. What have you Guys been using,,purchasing.?? Also have any Tried the Fusion 360 Program Out? It looks Interesting and its free which is up my Retired Income .

Lots of his use the Sherline rotab 4th axis. Deepgroove1 used to offer a 4th axis also.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Why stop at 4 axes?

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post
        Why stop at 4 axes?
        Personally I think we should be able to machine in eleven dimensions, about 9 axis in each orientation of the dimensions, but only because I have a hard time wrapping my mind around 12 dimensions.

He probably has project where a 4th axis would be useful, and most basic controllers I 've seen support directly up to 4 axis. Of course many do support more.
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Has anybody here looked at the Pocket NC mills (V2-10, V2-50CMB, or V2-50CHK) or the new larger 5-axis mill that should be released next year some time?
          Mike Henry near Chicago

Comment

Cincinnati makes (or did make) a machine with 64 axes.

Comment

Yes a 4 th axis would be Nice and yet Doable. Used to work on Vertical and Horizontal 4 axis CNC Mills for years making Aerospace Components. A 5 axis would be beyond my scope. Stuff I hack out isn't that complex .

Comment

Originally posted by mike the mechanic View Post
                Yes a 4 th axis would be Nice and yet Doable. Used to work on Vertical and Horizontal 4 axis CNC Mills for years making Aerospace Components. A 5 axis would be beyond my scope. Stuff I hack out isn't that complex .
                I think it would depend on the type of 5 axis and the application. A 2 axis table used for indexing to cut 5 sides or cut end and axial rotary features might not be to bad. Doing actual simultaneous 5 axis machining might be a little bit of a struggle for me. Sure would be nice to program to deburr all edges though. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X