The Easier Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Easier Way

Provides reference surfaces to locate edge of part regardless of edge condition. I touch off the top, and edge find the side. Then I know exactly where the edge of the part is. Even if the edge has already been chamfered away. A little math and you can make your cut accurately.

I used a simple angle block for the first one and basically guessed, but I need it to be repeatable.

If I like it I'll cut a set out of steel and grind them... or not. I can set magnets in the aluminum ones. Of course I can use a work stop to locate either and make sure they do not move.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

I hug my touch probe....

sam

Comment

I'm having trouble picturing how that would be used.

Comment

Set the part in the plate. Clamp the part in the vise. Touch off the top and side. Do some basic trig once and you know where the corner is. From there you can locate any plane or edge you need even if it doesn't exist yet. If the part blocks the reference faces position it with a work stop and add the part afterwards.
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Working...
        X