Sketch (Arduino) for Hobbing gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

You should take your YouTube channel and make tutorial videos on how to leverage and use LinuxCNC. You are a huge proponent of it, you could have the power to bring it to the masses.
    Yes - I do some but I have a day job, 2 kids under 12, am divorced and taking care of aging family. Time is a premium. Very hard to carve out time to make deep dive videos. I do now have a good handle on OBS - so some of my editing can be done live. But still... Time...

sam

Comment

Originally posted by skunkworks View Post

Yes - I do some but I have a day job, 2 kids under 12, am divorced and taking care of aging family. Time is a premium. Very hard to carve out time to make deep dive videos. I do now have a good handle on OBS - so some of my editing can be done live. But still... Time...

sam
      Ah, I understand, especially with the kids and being single.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
        Hi Wilson, have you made any progress and do you need help?
        John
        I am kind of "On Hold" since I just purchased a Drill/Mill (old-Taiwan) like a JET as per some members here. My daughter keeps me on edge and helping since a new granddaughter will be coming soon.
        I just cannot get good grasp of how to "read" an optical encoders to make that fit into my C ++ coding for and Arduino UNO. Just to slow and unproductive at this point in life.
        Thanks for the offer, I keep like 10 irons on the fire that is not a good strategy at old age.Wich is consistent with my ADHA personality problem that worked well while young, but failing now.

Comment

I am a bit busy here too Wilson, we are building a replica Link Trainer (WWII ere type of flight simulator) and I am amazed at how complicated the control software is becoming! I fear I may have forgotten all, if not more than, of what I learned half a century ago!

Comment

Haven't worked with an Arduino in ages, except for some quick ESP32 camera/humidity stuff for the 3D printer last year.

I poked around a bit, because it is an interesting project I may get around to myself at some point. This looks like a pretty good example:
            https://brendaabell.com/2014/02/17/a...tical-encoder/

Yeah. Too many things to do, not enough solitary hours in which to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by thin-woodsman View Post
              Haven't worked with an Arduino in ages, except for some quick ESP32 camera/humidity stuff for the 3D printer last year.

I poked around a bit, because it is an interesting project I may get around to myself at some point. This looks like a pretty good example:
              https://brendaabell.com/2014/02/17/a...tical-encoder/

Yeah. Too many things to do, not enough solitary hours in which to do them.
              Thin-Woodsman:
              I looked up the link but I guess I could not understand the correlation with my zaga on hooking up an optical encoder to run the Arduino UNO on the Gear Hobber Project.
              I recently have searched and searched for an optical encoder (Cheap if possible) that has a disk (with slots) with a BIG opening in the center so I can "paste" it in my Mill/Drill (needs to be about 1"+ diameter hole to get the spindle of the mill through it.
              The person (AndysMachines-Youtube) shows the pictures but no detail on the item specs and I cannot find anything like that. ll of that added to my zaga trying to code in C++ the sketch to run the Gear Hobber with the Hobber cutter on the Mill spindle and the gear-to-be mounted on the "dividing head" with a stepped motor.
              I think I was seeing some like that on ALiexpress but not lately.

Comment

Here is a project that has interested me. I did build a Arduino Electronic
                Lead Screw, just for straight turning, and boring. Works well for my use.

olf20 / Bob

Comment

Working...
                X