CNC Plasma Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Plasma Table

I recently made some improvements to my plasma water table. When I first built the plasma table the significance of a water table eluded me. So as a patch I hung a water table under the slats... that kinda worked ok but gave off lots of smoke and dust. I finally found my round tuit and modified the water table so the slats were inside then shorted the hangers to raise the water table up the original level of the old slats. You can notice in the video the old hangers on the back tube.

A video of the plasma in action.

John
    My Web Site

Have you got soap in your water? Just wondering what all the bubbles were from.
    Plain ol Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Plain ol Bill View Post
      Have you got soap in your water? Just wondering what all the bubbles were from.
      LOL, no soap but sodium nitrite to stop rust and physan20 to keep the critters from growing.

John
      My Web Site

Comment

Come on John post some better pictures of how you built your rails and how the gantry is built. I looked at all the pictures on photobucket of your table but they are not very conclusive as to how you built some of the good parts.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
          Come on John post some better pictures of how you built your rails and how the gantry is built. I looked at all the pictures on photobucket of your table but they are not very conclusive as to how you built some of the good parts.
          What parts are you interested in seeing? I can take some more photos.

The photo bucket photos cover the belt attachment and adjustment, the limit switches, the drive for the X and Y axes as well as the Z details.

If I get some time today I'll try and upload some recent photos to my web site of the water table modifications.

John
          My Web Site

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohnT View Post
            What parts are you interested in seeing? I can take some more photos.

The photo bucket photos cover the belt attachment and adjustment, the limit switches, the drive for the X and Y axes as well as the Z details.

If I get some time today I'll try and upload some recent photos to my web site of the water table modifications.

John
            It would be great to see some photos of how you built the gantry ends and the Z axis.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

There are 8 photos of the gantry ends on photobucket that I took during the construction of the plasma table.

I've added a few recent photos to my web site.

Edit: wrong link, this is the right one.

John
              Last edited by BigJohnT; 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM.
              My Web Site

Comment

Working...
              X