Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxHeadRoom
    replied
    It was doing that for a while showing up before you logged in, haven't seen it for some time since the change over.
    Max.

Leave a comment:

• Mark McGrath
    replied
    I rarely go there now,but notice when I do that even when logged in most threads come up as locked.
    Why is that?

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeHenry View Post
    I usually try IE 9 (now 10) first and then switch to Chrome if IE stops connecting to CNCZone. If I start on IE and it craps out, Chrome won't be able to connect either. Yesterday I started with Chrome and had no problem in a 45-minute session so maybe IE does something.

Later... Another 45-minute session in Chrome followed by a separate 15-min session in IE - no problems on either. Hopefully, I was just experiencing an intermittent problem.

Mike
    Cool. I hope it continues to work for you Mike... JR

Leave a comment:

• MikeHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    Good point. I use Firefox. Ill try using cnczone with Explorer and see if I have issues. JR
    I usually try IE 9 (now 10) first and then switch to Chrome if IE stops connecting to CNCZone. If I start on IE and it craps out, Chrome won't be able to connect either. Yesterday I started with Chrome and had no problem in a 45-minute session so maybe IE does something.

Later... Another 45-minute session in Chrome followed by a separate 15-min session in IE - no problems on either. Hopefully, I was just experiencing an intermittent problem.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Originally posted by Jess13 View Post
    I had a lot of trouble for a while, and I had been there for years without any that I knew of. Anyway it seemed those that where not running Explorier where the only ones not having problems
    Good point. I use Firefox. Ill try using cnczone with Explorer and see if I have issues. JR

Leave a comment:

• Jess13
    replied
    I had a lot of trouble for a while, and I had been there for years without any that I knew of. Anyway it seemed those that where not running Explorier where the only ones not having problems and the best advice I could get was to change to another browser. I had no intentions of doing so because I knew the problem was on the server end. Anyway , finally they fixed it and all has worked sense. Even when there where problems I knew of no one that had problems with being kicked.

I would check for updates and problem fixes with windows first. Then check your computer for dust/dirt because with all the adds and such the Zone has it may stress a computer that is on the edge of over heating. With the warn weather coming this can be a problem that will sneak up on you easy. Running a video or a game should show the same results though if heat is a problem. If nothing is found with these two idea's then try updating drivers for vid card and mother board (might should do this anyway). Then if no joy I would about bet on you having a virus.

Good luck, Jess

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    If any others are having problems, maybe they are unable to login for more than a minute or two at a time like I am. If so, you might not be hearing from them. I managed to read through the sections I am most interested in yesterday, but only by accessing as a Guest and without using my login. No way to post as a guest, of course. Is there a chance that something is wrong with my account or that I have annoyed a moderator somehow and been placed in some sort of Zone Limbo?

Mike

It just seems very strange that the problem reproduces itself for me very consistently on two different computers and with two different browsers. The only thing in common is the login on all four permutations.
    Im sorry you are having problems staying logged on.. Maybe try changing the password? Dunno that it would fix anything. Even try creating a new account with diff user name and password to see if the Zones software has an issue with your current info. Again. Not really a fix cause it worked before right? And you shouldn't have to change yer info just to use the site. But what if.....

AFAIK there is NO software setting to kick a user off after a minute or whatever That would SUCK!! JR

Leave a comment:

• MikeHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by JRouche View Post
    Hey Mike. Nope. No reports from any others recently. Not to say someone isn't having an issue and is just not reporting it. Any reports go right to my current email so I would see them... JR
    If any others are having problems, maybe they are unable to login for more than a minute or two at a time like I am. If so, you might not be hearing from them. I managed to read through the sections I am most interested in yesterday, but only by accessing as a Guest and without using my login. No way to post as a guest, of course. Is there a chance that something is wrong with my account or that I have annoyed a moderator somehow and been placed in some sort of Zone Limbo?

Mike

It just seems very strange that the problem reproduces itself for me very consistently on two different computers and with two different browsers. The only thing in common is the login on all four permutations.

Leave a comment:

• MaxHeadRoom
    replied
    During May there were many changes to Cnczone due to a merger with a very large European (German) based website.
    There were lots of teething troubles at this time, There doesn't seem to be any problems now?
    Max.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied

JR - I see in passing that Himy Kabibble (sp?) is also having problems on CNC Zone. I know that you are a moderator in at least one forum there. Have you seen any other reports of member problems?

Mike
    Hey Mike. Nope. No reports from any others recently. Not to say someone isn't having an issue and is just not reporting it. Any reports go right to my current email so I would see them... JR

Leave a comment:

• MikeHenry
    replied
    Thanks - this is weird since it happens on two different browsers and 2 different PCs that are on completely different networks. My email notifications had also stopped, although that seems to have gotten resolved in the past few days. I'll try wiping history and if that doesn't work will have to assume something is messed up with my user account.

JR - I see in passing that Himy Kabibble (sp?) is also having problems on CNC Zone. I know that you are a moderator in at least one forum there. Have you seen any other reports of member problems?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• MaxHeadRoom
    replied
    No problem using Firefox.
    Max.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    I have been checking in on CNC-Z and dont see any log in issues.

What I would do, and you should do it regularly if the browser settings are set incorrectly is wipe the history. All the History for yer browser. Thats Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and any other Windozz.... based browsers.

As painful as it can be to look up yer loggin names and passwords you really need to WIPE the entire history on these browsers. The history WILL screw up current web travels.. JR

Leave a comment:

• MikeHenry
    started a topic CNC Zone acting up?

CNC Zone acting up?

For the past week or two, I've been having problems staying logged into CNC Zone for more than a few minutes at a time, both on the home and work PCs and using either IE9/10 or Chrome for browsers. Is the site having some sort of problem?

Mike
Working...
X