Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 axis vertical mill , cutting vertical flutes similar to endmills ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 axis vertical mill , cutting vertical flutes similar to endmills ??

im pretty new to cnc , ive got my basics down pretty well and write tons of gcode,,,, but im not sure if it is possable to do this with hand writing code .... im sure it is but what's the best way ??
    id like to cut vertical grooves that angle around a rod , only .01'' deep in the side and only for .5 ''in hight of the rod . basicaly using a small cutter like a T slot cutter , about a 1/32'' cutting edge .
    i realize 4 axis would be the way to go , or at a short length of .5'' i could just tip the rod few degrees and have them cut on an angle , but id like to have the grooves turn evenly .
    this is for a rifling tool for putting the rifling in gun barrels ....... supposedly

think i figured it out . i kept thinking of going with a g19 and doing an ark in z with the movement x an y .
    but insted i should make it like regular thread milling , but 1 thread in 18'' and probably 6 leads ...or 8 not sure . id have to stop the program at 1/2'' depth and move to the next cut ,,, or run into my table for most of the 18'' .
    guess this is just my ramblings so im not sure any one would get anything from it , but if it works i'll be happy ,

Comment

Working...
    X