No announcement yet.

Do u own a cnc you would recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolton is a reseller/importer for machinery made in China. The full name is Bolton Hardware and here is their website http://www.boltonhardware.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ogre View Post
      Thanks gundog. I think im with you on the handles .
      If I had another manual mill it might be different but I sold the manual mill when I bought this one. The quill travel in manual still gives you the feel when drilling holes and keeps me from programing on quick drilling jobs.

I have one job where I drill a 3.1 MM hole in a round 5/16" 316 L SS rod for a press fit 1/8" SS dowell pin. I prefer the feel of manual drilling because the bit gets dull about 3/4 of the way through the parts and walks off the pin I can feel the bit getting dull and change it before ruining parts.

Mike

Comment

Good point gundog.
        Thanks sparky. I only asked cause some on Amazon looked good but ive never seen anybody write anything on them good or bad. Not a huge chinese fan though.

Comment

Hurco kmb1/200 is a serious canidate. Has anybody used one and thoughts on it?

Comment

Or a Mori-Sieki mv junior? Are these of good quality??

Comment

I ran a Hurco knee mill for a couple of years. They are a good quality machine and have user friendly conversational programming.
              A used Hurco in good shape is a fine choice. Some of the used machines have been well cared for and some have been abused and neglected. If one (of any brand) looks worn out or beat up, take a pass and find a nicer one. There are many out there.
              Whatever you get you will be spending a lot of hours/years on so be picky, even if you're on a budget just keep looking.
              Mori Seiki is one of the top Japanese brands along with Mazak, Okuma and a couple of others.
              Kansas City area

Comment

Mori makes very good machines. We have a few mills and lathes.

Comment

Ive got Tormach in back of my mind but i have two Hurcos alot cheaper that look great and run. I also have a Mori sieki that looks great,costs alittle more but has bigger table and toolchanger. Only problem with the Mori is its height. Its over 100". I could do some things to make it fit but ill have to consider it.
                  Thank you guys for the input, the dah lih is on my mind also but costs all most as much as the Tormach. The Hurcos and Mori sieki are reasonably less than $15,000 ill need for Tormach. Thanks to you guys i at least know theyre good machines.

Comment

A lot of times on the VMCs you can position the machine so the Z axis goes between the rafters. If there is drywall I have seen guys cut out the drywall and make a box that goes over it.

Comment

• Thats exactly what i had in mind macona. Im alittle worried about how to get it into position tilted until its at its resting home . As usual i need higher ceilings and more space lol

Comment

• Usually people lower the Z axis down onto blocks and remove the Z axis servo to get extra clearance. I think thats what you are asking?

Comment

• Sounds like a good idea. Tilting would be too difficult.

Comment

Working...
                          X