CNC SUPRA from CNC Masters????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC SUPRA from CNC Masters????

I am seriously considering the purchase of a new CNC SUPRA mill sold by CNC Masters based in California. It's a 10" X 54". Anyone had experience with this machine or this company? Comments about the mill?

Harold
    For those having fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
    Freedom is only one generation away from extinction.

I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.....there is lots of stuff I've never heard of. I just thought someone should reply to Your thread after 100+ views and no replies.
    Do You have a link to "Supra" You can post?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo View Post
      I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.....there is lots of stuff I've never heard of. I just thought someone should reply to Your thread after 100+ views and no replies.
      Do You have a link to "Supra" You can post?

Steve
      Hello Steve,

Thank You So Much for replying and THANK YOU for your reason for replying. The first link is to CNC MASTERS main website. The second link is specifically for the CNC SUPRA.

Since posting, I have purchased the CNC SUPRA 10 X 54 with the 4th axis (CNC controlled rotary table). Also purchased extra goodies. Shipping is $2000.00 from CA to Alaska and will take about three weeks. They sent the machine today and it will be shipped by truck from CA to Seattle, WA and then placed on a barge sailing to Anchorage. From there it will be trucked to my house.

Naturally I am excited. I have a very good friend, locally, who owns a new 9 X 49 CNC SUPRA and he loves his machine.

Harold

http://www.cncmasters.com/

http://www.cncmasters.com/index.php?...ical-knee-mill
      For those having fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by hwingo View Post
        Since posting, I have purchased the CNC SUPRA 10 X 54 with the 4th axis (CNC controlled rotary table). Also purchased extra goodies.
        Naturally I am excited. I have a very good friend, locally, who owns a new 9 X 49 CNC SUPRA and he loves his machine.

Harold
        http://www.cncmasters.com/index.php?...ical-knee-mill
        Wow! it sounds like Santa is coming early this Year....even if ya had to pay Him, it is going to be like Christmas morning when that truck shows up.
        Is there enough work (locally) to keep two brand new cnc mills busy?.....Just kidding. Post some pics when ya get it so we can drool over it.
        Steve

Comment

Nice looking machine what kind of control is it? I read PC based is it Mach III or Flash Cut or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by gundog View Post
            Nice looking machine what kind of control is it? I read PC based is it Mach III or Flash Cut or something else?
            All I know is, it's PC based and it come with software to run the machine. All of this now rest on my shoulders and I will have to learn as I go along.

Harold

Comment

It says Master Software so apparently they have their own proprietary version. I did notice that what they are calling "conversational programming" is just entering the G code manually. That is not conversational, but I am happy for hwingo for getting what looks like a
              pretty good CNC mill. Cheers!
              Kansas City area

Comment

I have a router table that has a PC based control it is a ShopBot and I have a Trak DPM mill with a conversational controller. The PC based system is 2008 vintage and the other is a 97 AGE 3 controller.I prefer the PC based system for ease of use and programing 10 fold. The 2 machines are very different the router table uses stepper motors and the mill has servo motors. The mill controller has a floppy drive and is just a pain to program in comparison but makes much better cuts but it is much heavier and rigid compared to the gantry router.

I hope you find it simple to use I would make more things on the mill if it wasn't such a pain to program.
                Mike

Comment

Originally posted by gundog View Post
                  Ok Guys,

I called CNC MASTERS and asked about controllers and software. I learned that they make their own controller and the software is proprietary. I use Alibre Expert (has both CAD & CAM) and I was told that this will work with their system. The "conversational" software is one that allows you to tell the computer, line by line, what to do and were to go. It also allows you to control travel speed and spindle speed. That's all I can tell you. Those having *real experience* with CNC will be able to "fill in the blanks" with the novice explanation that I have given.

Harold

Comment

From what little I can tell about it, I think you will be happy with it. Be sure to show us some of your projects!
                    Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                      From what little I can tell about it, I think you will be happy with it. Be sure to show us some of your projects!
                      I'll be happy to post some images of my projects when I get the machine delievered and set up.

Harold

Comment

Working...
                      X