Trouble activating plasma with cnc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble activating plasma with cnc

As the heading states having trouble activating plasma with cnc.

I can do a simulated cut, a marker pen simulated but when to actually cut I can't seem to get it going. I have short the plasma and I know that works but when it is connected to the controller (UC-100 CNC MOTION CONTROLLER) it will not fire at all.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

The cnc kit is from Camcutcnc and some of you may know of him and others may not. Since telling Camcutcnc that the controller is not working I have not heard from him or he has not replied to any emails.

Thanks.

Mtw fdu.

Does the CNC use a relay or solid state output? Relays don't care but solid state outputs need the wires connected with the correct polarity.

Comment

Managed to get the plasma and thc working with now setting up torch height with volts etc. Only did some straight line cuts as directed by my cnc guy. Have sent results to him and now waiting for his next step. Will post pics when I have done some more test cuts.

Thank you kf2qd for your reply. It does use a relay to the controller.

Mtw fdu.

Comment

Still having trouble with starting plasma through controller. Will start when shorting out to start but also tried setting some other settings etc on inputs and outputs. Cnc guy still has not contacted me since sending results of straight line cuts.

Getting really frustrated and angry why he is not telling me nothing at all...any suggestions please anybody???

Has anybody had the same problems etc.

Mtw fdu.
        Last edited by Mtw fdu; 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Just to give you guys what problems I have on my diagnostic page...I am running Mach3.

Output 6 is flashing on and off.
          The pulse frequency is set to external...how do I set this to 25000?
          Does there need to be an input if an output has had ports and pins assigned to it? My output 2 has an output but not an input. Is this the same for the flashing output 6?

Thanks guys.

Mtw fdu.

Comment

My advice to you would be to post on plasmaspider.com Someone over there will know what to do for sure.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Thank you Black Forest...Iwill try that.

Mtw fdu.

Comment

Just to let you guys know I ended up getting my plasma table working. Here is a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcwmkdO9jl0

I spent about 4 hours playing around with the settings after I was advised to change 1 wire. It now works really well with the g-code I have had from the start.

Mtw fdu.

Comment

Working...
                X