VFD convertor HY02D223B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFD convertor HY02D223B

VFD convertor Huanyang Hy02d223b frequence convertor.
    We have a VFD convertor Huanyang hy02d223b frequence convertor, and we obtain the problem that we can drive a motot of 2,2 Kw 1750 Rpm, but no pmower is driving the motor, i.e. the motor runs untill a well defined lower frquence, but above that frequence the motor does’nt turn anymore, although we hear in the motor that the frequence ( sound in motor ) amounts in function of the pot meter setting.
    We thing it has something to do with the parameter setting in the convertor, but did’nt find the solution untill now.
    Has anybody some idea about the reason of this problem ?
    Spec’s VFD : Model Hy02d223B Motor 3 X 220 v 50 Hz 2700 T/min Power 1,5 Kw.

Go through the basic par PD000 - PD011.
    What is PD005 set to, Max op freq?
    Max.

Comment

OK you hear a sound from the motor when it does not turn, correct? So do you also hear that same type sound when the motor is turning?

You can hear the sound change when the speed control (pot) is changed, correct? Does the sound change the same way when the motor IS turning and the speed control is changed?

There is probably a setting for "switching frequency". Do you know what that is set to?

Have you set the motor voltage, motor frequency, maximum motor speed, and motor maximum current? What are they set to?

Can you show us a picture of the information label on the motor? Should have current, power, voltage, frequency etc marked on it.

I am asking these questions because a VFD can make sounds which can be heard when there is a fault. But when there is no fault, the VFD is usually quiet, no sounds are heard except motor noise.

So when you say you hear a noise, I wonder if there is some fault. Maybe a setting is not made correctly and the VFD is sensing a fault when there is no true fault.
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

In the original post, its states the motor is 2.2KW and the VFD is rated 1.5KW. I don't know what kind of problems the underrated VFD may be causing but its not a good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
          In the original post, its states the motor is 2.2KW and the VFD is rated 1.5KW. I don't know what kind of problems the underrated VFD may be causing but its not a good condition.
          Specifically, it may overcurrent on acceleration. That is quite typical of the situation of an under-rated VFD.

In this case, the under-rating is not severe enough to be a huge problem, and slowing the acceleration may fix the problem of shutdown. I would expect it to work OK with what is ony a 33% mismatch, with some adjustment of the parameters. It will not make the machine perform to 2.2kW, but most do not use their available power to maximum.

Comment

The frequency is adjustable up to 400 Hz higher than 32 Hz he stops, and as he turns he has no torque.

Comment

sound when the motor is turning?
              Yes, and following the setting of the pot; i.e..w. sound frequence amounts as a function of the pot setting.
              You can hear the sound change when the speed control (pot) is changed, correct? Does the sound change the same way when the motor IS turning and the speed control is changed?
              Yes
              There is probably a setting for "switching frequency". Do you know what that is set to?
              I don't knwo ?
              Have you set the motor voltage, motor frequency, maximum motor speed, and motor maximum current? What are they set to?
              Can you tll me which parameters have to be set to what value ?
              Can you show us a picture of the information label on the motor? Should have current, power, voltage, frequency etc marked on it.
              Later, ask them.
              I am asking these questions because a VFD can make sounds which can be heard when there is a fault. But when there is no fault, the VFD is usually quiet, no sounds are heard except motor noise.

So when you say you hear a noise, I wonder if there is some fault. Maybe a setting is not made correctly and the VFD is sensing a fault when there is no true fault.
              I think this is very true, only which parameter ?
              Last edited by frans cop; 07-15-2015, 06:55 AM. Reason: Answering questions

Comment

I would start with the "acceleration" parameter, which will be given in seconds, meaning time from start to full speed. Slower requires less power, and so less current.

Also look to be sure that the parameters relating to the motor are correct. Voltage, full-load current, maximum turns/minute. Correct will be when they agree with the numbers on the motor label.

usually there is no given number for maximum turns/minute, you can usually assume a number that is 1.5x the one on the label. So about 2200 for a motor with a nominal speed of 1460 turns/minute.

You ALWAYS have to program the VFD for the motor you have. And the Huanyang have a very bad manual. The English version can be almost impossible for a native English speaker to understand, and even worse for anyone else.

There SHOULD be some place in the manual that explains how to do the most basic setup and programming. But maybe not for that model.

Comment

Originally posted by frans cop View Post
                  I think this is very true, only which parameter ?
                  I already asked what p005 what set to? have you set the very basic parameters for max rpm, pole count (in your case 4), etc??
                  With these set they usually operate out of the box and just require tuning.
                  Because it sounds you are using the 0-10v pot input, you should be able to control the accel/decel without O/C , O/L etc.
                  Set the max freq to 120Hz for a non-vector 4 pole motor.
                  Max.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
                    Because it sounds you are using the 0-10v pot input, you should be able to control the accel/decel without O/C , O/L etc.

Max.
                    Indeed, but then one forgets and turns too fast, or the pot is already set and you want to resume same speed. Then the accel limits the rate of speed increase.

120Hz is USUALLY OK, but may not be. 90 (75) is almost always safe for a 60 (50) Hz motor.

Comment

I have installed many with a majority set for 120Hz, I have always reasoned that most motor manufacturers also make 2pole motor versions (3600rpm max), and in all likely hood would use the same winding technique, balance, bearings etc for both, so far fortunately I have never had an issue.
                      Max.
                      Last edited by MaxHeadRoom; 07-15-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Will send you de P settings shortly.
                        sorry it takes some time.

Sltns

Comment

Here a picture of the motor label.

Comment

Wiil ghive you all P settings soon.......sorry it takes some time but it is not my convertor.

Comment

These are the parameter settings :

PD01 – 0 ( instellingen vanaf VFD paneel )

PD005 - 400
                              PD004 - 400
                              PD003 - 400
                              PD006 - 2.5
                              PD007 - 1.20
                              PD008 - 220
                              PD009 – 15

PD011 – 0

PD041- 5

PD015 - 1
                              PD072 - 400.00
                              PD143 - 2