Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in Cleveland with a good sized lathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsr911
    replied
    Ok guys, I got emailed off board by another member who offered to do the work if Mike cannot. He's also within driving distance so I think I'll go with him. Thanks for the offers however.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski

Leave a comment:

• cuemaker
    replied
    Mike P,

If you want to use my new (used) lathe, you can. I have a spindle bore of 1.5" I wouldnt know how to do the work without being shown how, so if you do it it give me a chance to learn.

I am in Marysville Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Mike P
    replied
    It's only a 3/4" through hole.

Sorry.

I do have a buddy who runs an actual machine shop that could do them, but he'd need to charge real prices for them.

Mike P

Leave a comment:

• Mike P
    replied
    Will measure it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• rsr911
    replied
    Mike,

Measure your through hole. I've been informed the bars are actually one inch. If it will fit I'll make arrangements.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski

Leave a comment:

• Mike P
    replied
    My South Bend's got about a 1" through hole.

I'm in Columbus. Email me for my address. UPS will gladly bring them to me.

Mike P

Leave a comment:

• rsr911
    replied
    Basically like a chamfer on the ends. He'd like to take it down to 1/2" starting 3/4" from the ends. It would be simple compound work with a collet. Unfortunately the bars are just to long to fit between centers and to large a diameter to fit through the head stock on my 10" Logan.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski

Leave a comment:

• Mike P
    replied
    Christian,

How long is the taper? Little short ones, like a drill chuck taper, or long ones, like a tapered mandrel?

Mike P

Leave a comment:

• rsr911
    started a topic Anyone in Cleveland with a good sized lathe?

Anyone in Cleveland with a good sized lathe?

Need some help. I've got a good friend that need some simple tapers cut in the ends of 3/4" round alumimum rod. The pieces are about 34" long. I'll gladly trade favors or a small amount of cash if someone in within 50 miles of Akron/Cleveland can help out. This is by no means precision work.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski
Working...
X