too cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too cold

woke up this morning to -42 enteristing fact at that temp it does not matter if it is F or C, anyway it is too cold to heat the shop to run the lathe so I guess I will sit here and state at this stupid box (monitor)

ok sorry for the rant I just got bored
    Matt in AK
    Matt in AK

It's -15F down here on the Peninsula.

Global Warming, my ass!

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Snowed a bit this morning and now after three weeks of way above normal that cold air from Alaska is sliding down our way. Thanks Matt.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

What part of AK are you in Matt?

Comment

Glennallen a little town about 200 miles form Anchorage

Matt in AK
          Matt in AK

Comment

well Even I figured if I spread it around maby it will warm up here, well worth a try :P

Matt in AK
            Matt in AK

Comment

Here in the Piedmont of North Carolina it was a balmy 46F today. Tomorrow's estimated temp is low 60's with sunny skies in the forecast. I might have to turn off the single plug-in type radiator I have in my garage/shop lest it gets too warm. I should say though that in the summertime while the temps never get too bad the humidity is often over 90 percent.

Comment

now they say it is -25 F and 69% humidity but in the summer it rarly hits 90 F but when it does the humidity is at about 15% sometimes less, when firefighting last summer (on a small forest fire) it was 88 F and 7% humidity very scarry for fires trees will explode if a spark hits them

Mat in AK
                Matt in AK

Comment

Hope you don't have a mercury thermometer. IIRC, mercury freezes around -40* too.

Actually, we were just talking about this the other day... things freeze pretty darn quick at that temp. I recall us kids making some pretty awesome spitsicles in the schoolyard. What I don't recall is what happens when you take a leak... freezes instantly too, right?

Comment

ya is cold today 65* and windy...jim
                    exploding trees? probably cheaper than dynomite

[This message has been edited by toolmakerjim (edited 02-04-2005).]
                    ...jim

Comment

It’s around 60 today. Warmest winter I have seen here. Global warming?
                      Dakota Territory
                      A nice place to live. Is this advertising??

Have Fun
                      Be Safe

Comment

I went to collage in North Dakota back then (15 years ago) it was more misirable there then it was here, I hate wind

Dr Rob never had ice cicles when taking a leak though the shrivel factor is exstream (hard not to pee on your nuts) but at around -50 F you can spit and here it shatter when it hits the ground, you just have to try to keep your lips from freezing

Matt in AK
                        Matt in AK

Comment

We set a new record highin Minneapolis today. 52F the last time I heard the temp on the radio, old record was 50 set in 1925. Was there global warming in 1925 too?

Comment

About a week ago it was -15F and my shop was 70F thanks to a pellet stove and a propain space heater. Don't want my Bridgeport mill or my Monarch lathe to rust. The humidity inside was 20 percent. Located in Bath, Michigan Pat

Comment

Up in the 60*s in Des Moines. Lots of sun shine.

Nice to drive around at lunch time with the window rolled down.

Supposed to be nice again tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 02-04-2005).]

Comment

Working...
                              X