No announcement yet.

OT: Hey! It's A Brand New DeSoto Truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Hey! It's A Brand New DeSoto Truck!

Looks like they're building them in Turkey. I'm guessing from the url that it's a Chrysler product, but why the make survives there and not the US is beyond me.

looks like good competition for the ford superduty lol

Matt in AK
    Matt in AK

Comment

WOW! I want one 3.5 ton??? Now that's what a truck should look like IMO
      Jim
      Jim

Comment

probably gross weight not what it will haul, that would bring capicity down to about 500 lbs

Matt in AK

Comment

Hope the rating in the "Power" column, 90 ps, isn't refering to how many passengers it's powerful enough to haul!
          Ed Pacenka

Comment

ps in german stands for horsepower (Pferdenstarke). I don't know if the turks use it too, but I kinda guess that's what it is.

-Justin

Comment

I like the look of that truck. It's trying to look like a truck. Not a truck with a frou-frou look.

Comment

that is about 1/2 the horsepower of my snowmachine the truck should really haul going up hills
                Matt in AK

Comment

Looks like a neat little truck. 16 inch wheels and good ground clearance, Dana 44 and 66 spicer axles, and a 850 pound payload, little 4 cyl diesel should get pretty good mileage. Now if we turbo the motor and put some big meats on those axles....
                  Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Oh great,Tribant made a pickup
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tuckerfan:
                      Looks like they're building them in Turkey. I'm guessing from the url that it's a Chrysler product, but why the make survives there and not the US is beyond me.</font>
                      I kind of doubt they are a DaimlerChrysler product, they are fait too good looking

Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Hey, if it's cheap and gets good fuel economy and if parts are easy to obtain. Why not buy one? We have a guy in town who drives a dihautsu (a division of toyota) and it's a real neat little truck. It gets very good fuel mileage. never mind the fact it's the same size of a compact. Has anyone ever thought of what would happen to the US market if it had access to every manufacture?
                        NRA member

Gun control is using both hands

Comment

Actually, it looks like they are a DaimlerChrysler product.

Comment

Working...
                          X