Where can I find long 5mm bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find long 5mm bolt?

I need "4", long 5mm bolts in order to mount an "under the counter", radio. It came with bolts too short for my needs. The bolts will have to be around 4 inches long, which I believe to be around 100mm.

Anyone know where I can buy 4 bolts like this? I only need 4. Thanks

i usally get mine from the 5mm bolt store.
    you can find it right between the 4mm and 6mm stores.
    is your radio threaded?
    exactly what is the problem other than being "short"?
    more info would be helpful as im a little "short" today on my telepathic skills...jim
    ...jim

Comment

Mc-Master Carr has 5mm x100mm SHCS (Socket Head Cap Screws) availaible. Only in packages of 25 though.

http://www.mcmaster.com

Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

Perhaps some threaded rod and 4 nuts would be a cheap solution.

Comment

Get 4, 4", 1/4" bolts, turn them down and thread them in your lathe.
          THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Lee Valley has hardened gutter screws with T20 torx heads - or use #10 or #12 hardware - close enough and plenty strong for a radio (unless it weighs 200lbs.)

Comment

My cabinet is thick, so the 3 inch bolts won't work. I'll need another inch.

Comment

Anyone know of any shops that might ship someone like myself 4 bolts like what I need?

Comment

you can get them from Dayton supply and tool in Dayton, Ohio. They sell in small qty. but will have to pay shipping.

Comment

Hi Bobbob,

I was looking at the chart as to size of the 5 mm and the next size is # 8. This is only about .002" larger. A # 6 is .204". This is only .007" over. I would think that that you could find something at most fastner supplies. I know some of them have a minimum ticket, maybe you can find a seller that will help you out.

How about cutting the ones you have into and welding or soldering a piece of say 1/8 brass or stainless welding rod in the center.

Just a couple thoughts.

Hope it helps.

Good luck.
                    skeeter

Comment

Threaded rod and nuts- cut rod to length, use threadlocker to secure the nuts on as boltheads.
                      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

A good source for long thin bolts are old electric motors. Used to keep the front a rear covers together.
                        Matt
                        Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X