X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Bloody hell , that's Gerts shoe.
    I wondered where she had got to after I shouted 'shift' when we rolled it in.

Gotta go find a crowbar..................

John S.

Leave a comment:

• rockrat
    replied
    John, It looks like you got your hand stuck under the door. Pull it out quick before you cut off the circulation!

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
    John: I wanna see inside the control panels.

DOn't make my buy a plane ticket, then you'd have to feed me and buy me a brown beer..

David
    </font>

Here you go David.

John S.

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Well, IN my moonshine drinking days I remember the floor being one mean SOB that'd reach up and hit you square in the jaw, then hold you there till you crawled off to the bed. I guess I have lived this long by being "pickled".

I was filming a biker wedding, me, the mug of beer I was drinking went tumbling end over end backwards down the hill, first shot after the spinning quit, was of my tattooed arm and unspilled mug of beer as I was standing up. I reckon I reached the "one gee:" speed spinning and kept my beer in the mug.

David

Leave a comment:

• decoy91288
    replied
    I was so wrong -- figured this thread was about how the floor gets farther and farther away each year.

Leave a comment:

• NAMPeters
    replied
    Did you ever get Gert off the spot? or did you forget?

------------------
    Neil Peters

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    IBEW,
    Photo later, daughter has my camera at the moment.
    Only one cabinet on this model on the side unlike the Boss models with two cabinets.
    20,000 relays and not a lot else.
    Got to shoot down to the wholesalers tomorrow for 6 metres of 4 core armoured.
    Asked the scrappie for a length and he rolls up with 50 metres of 250 amp 4 core.
    Took two of us to drag it off the truck.

I know he means well but it could be a tad overkill

John S.

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    John: I wanna see inside the control panels.

DOn't make my buy a plane ticket, then you'd have to feed me and buy me a brown beer..

David

Leave a comment:

• Thrud
    replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
    Better yet? Have Alistair come paint it green and wax it.

Hope that old devil is Okay.. DOn't see as much of him lately.

David
    </font>
    Last time I talked to our wee Scotish Brother he was not feeling all that great, but he has been having a blast learning from the Model Engineers Club at the college and even learning to thread with his Brown & Sharp. I think he is going to have to build a 10,000 sq ft shop if he doesn't stop buying more goodies and machines - I told him just to buy a warehouse and move in, but NOOOOOOO!

Hey John! I spotted some bare floor in your shop behind the spiffy BP - what gives? The Missus cleaning up after you again?

I hate that when women "help out" - can't find a damn thing then... I tells them - Jesu s H. Murphey woman, just go bake me a cheeze cake or six and leave me alone - then I find a note calling me a jerk off, or telling me to jerk off - can't recall which, but where's the Cheesecake, huh? No where, that's where! It's tough to be a man baby!

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 02-17-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• GSEL
    replied
    John, I used to work on one of these many years ago, they are brilliant little machines, can do one off's or change to cnc control for larger quantities. The heidenhein control is easy to program to. The only drawback is that there is only linear interpolation. I found it was heavy on spindle drive belts, bridgeports solution was to slacken the air brake off slightly, which helped alot. Also watch out for the circlip holding the pulley to the motor shaft, the one we had the circlip would come off and launch the pulley into the belt housing.

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    Better yet? Have Alistair come paint it green and wax it.

Hope that old devil is Okay.. DOn't see as much of him lately.

David

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Paint it green!

Leave a comment:

• sandman2234
    replied
    John,
    Nice floor covering.
    Now for the big question. What kind of control is that? Looks kind of familiar.
    David from jax

Leave a comment:

• darryl
    replied
    That's a pretty colorful way of saying that you found some floor space, John. Thanks for the laugh. Now if only I could add one of the machines in your shop to my shop- I'm more than willing to help you find some more grey spots

Leave a comment:

• topct
    replied
    So that's why you've been so quiet lately.

That would be a very neat machine to have alright.

'And another door opens'

------------------
    Gene

Leave a comment:

Working...
X