X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Online BBS systems...

If anyone is interested, I've setup a general purpose BBS system:

http://www.bbssystem.com

I plan to create many types of forums and let many people Moderate their own forum....

If you have wanted to run a Forum on a specific subject, let me know and I can create a Forum for you on my BBS system and you can be the moderator. You'll be in charge of advertising your forum, moderating it, and keeping it clean/legal.

I have unlimited storage so I can also offer files online, images, etc.

I expect this BBS system will contain many, many different subjects and boards/forums all in one place so ultimately people will be able to hop around from "world" to "world".

-3Ph

Would this be the place to start a swap/trade for sale section I keep hearing about?
    Matt

Comment

sure would

Comment

Well then I nominate IOWolf to moderate. LOL
        Matt

Comment

SORRY, I'M NOT 'puter literate.

Comment

C'mon, IO, don't gotta be comepewter smasrt, jusss gotta b abull to twype!?<#**
            Barry Milton

Comment

Hey that's great!

How long will this be available? What's the cost? What's "in charge of advertising your forum..."? Will there be banner ads? Pop ups? Tracking Cookies? Bots?

By "many types of forums", do you mean Forums or Topics within the forum?

Comment

There's the caps lock key to think about too...
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Will there be a dyslexic lesbian nude skydiving and welding forum? I'd be interested in that ...

------------------
                  Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
                  Techno-Anarchist

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sprague M:
                    Would this be the place to start a swap/trade for sale section I keep hearing about?</font>
                    Sure, I can setup a Machine shop swap/trade Forum for someone here to moderate.

-3Ph

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
                      Hey that's great!

How long will this be available? What's the cost? What's "in charge of advertising your forum..."? Will there be banner ads? Pop ups? Tracking Cookies? Bots?
                      </font>
                      I have about 15 domains that I'm starting up and plan to keep them up at least for the next 5 years since I already paid for them. There is no cost, or need for "paid advertising". When I said "in charge of advertising" -- I'm talking about the moderators going out and telling other people about the forum (spreading the word) so more people will join.. A forum only works when there are lots of people using it (like this forum) so that's what I ment by "do your own advertising". I don't have time to, but I'll run and provide all of the forum resources/hosting/etc.

No pop up ads, no ads period... There is no need for any funding, etc. I'm paying for it but it's just pocket change so it's not an issue.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:

By "many types of forums", do you mean Forums or Topics within the forum?
                      </font>
                      Both.. I have no problem setting up Forums and topics on anything that someone wants and is clean/legal.... If you want to start a "cooking" forum with many topics, or just a topic under an existing fourm, etc. If someone wants to have "Ball point pen collector" forum that's fine -- I'll set it up for them.

-3Ph

Comment

How 'bout a clean legal dyslexic lesbian nude skydiving and welding forum

------------------
                        Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
                        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

hoffman...you're on a roll! LOL!!!
                          I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:
                            How 'bout a clean legal dyslexic lesbian nude skydiving and welding forum

</font>
                            I've created your forum under "Off Topic"... I'm trying to figure out how you assign you as the Moderator for "your" forum, but it's there.. You should be able to moderate it as soon as I figure out how to make you a moderator:

http://www.bbssystem.com/index.php?c=2

Did you think I was kidding?

-3Ph

Comment

3ph you are having way too much fun
                              Matt in AK

Comment

Working...
                              X