truck stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck stuff

I know some of you don't like OT discussions so forgive me. I cannot think of a better place to get thoughtful responses about these matters.

I have a 2000 siverado 4x4 short wheel base. I need to install receiver hitch to tow my bike (2000 Roadstar) on a 5x8 trailer. Can anyone reccomend brand they have installed and how well you like it?

Thanks
    CT

I prefer the Quality S brand, they tuck up under nice.

Comment

Back when I worked at a dealership, we installed the Hidden Hitch (may be similar to Quality S). Pretty easy DIY bolt-on. Heres a link:

http://www.accessconnect.com/hiddenhitch.htm

You may also want to check with U-Haul & with a shop that specializes in hitch sales & installation. Sometimes they can sell & install the hitch for less than the retail cost of the hitch alone.
      Barry Milton

Comment

Another one.
        http://www.etrailer.com/

Comment

I've been very happy with the Uhaul hitches. You can just buy the hitch and save the installation fee.

Didn't your truck come with a hitch?? I don't think I've seen a GM truck in the last 5-10 years that didn't come with a 2" receiver hitch.

Mike P
          Mike P
          1919 13" South Bend Lathe
          1942 Bridgeport M-head Mill

Comment

I always said bikes were for riding and not meant to be on trailers so I did not get the tow package. In 2000 they were option on my truck. I will investigate the uhaul as we have two votes for them.

Thanks for the input guys.

CT

Comment

I got the Hidden Hitch for my Silverado, easy to install, looks good without hanging down below the bumper. Mine wasn't too pricey either.

Comment

Working...
              X