Happyland Smurfsville ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happyland Smurfsville ???

Now you don't suppose....That DT is talking about THIS place do you?
    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...c;f=1;t=010009
    You know I like both sites equally but this never seems to go away. Too bad!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Probably penis envy

Allan

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allan Waterfall:
      Probably penis envy

Allan
      </font>
      Envy or lack?

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I don't understand D Thomas. He wants to promote the idea that the PM forum is for professional types, and this one for low grade home type idiots, yet he is frequently over here asking for advice.

Actually, both forums offer the same sort of information, insightful and inane, from many of the same contributors, often the same questions and answers.

If you want to read some poetry or find out how to drill flower pots, have a look over there. Who's a smurf now?
        Jim H.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JCHannum:
          I don't understand D Thomas. He wants to promote the idea that the PM forum is for professional types, and this one for low grade home type idiots, yet he is frequently over here asking for advice.
          </font>
          Actually, I think he really wants not to chase away professionals from the PM site. It's not meant to be 'exclusive".

Information is widespread because of the folks who are "other things in real life".

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

I applaude anyone who uses the PM forum and I know many HSM members do. It truly is a tour-de-force of complicated website design, way too many twists, turns & tangents for a "practical" person who just wants to get a thoughtful answer or a second (third, fourth) opinion.

Between family, work, eBay & the HSM bbs there's only time left to eat & sleep. Be happy that people who often communicate in formulae have "their own forum".
            Barry Milton

Comment

Smurfs are cool!

Comment

What color does a smurf turn if you choke it?
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                  What color does a smurf turn if you choke it?</font>
                  Speaking from experience, a deeper shade of blue!

------------------
                  That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
                  That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it...

Comment

Maybe a typo, but I just sent someone to the PMS forum (Practical Machine Shop), at least that's what I think it means.........
                    Barry Milton

Comment

Happyland Smurfville..... Sounds like a forum that should be on my BBS system...

Does anyone want to moderate it?

http://www.bbssystem.com

-3Ph

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by precisionworks:
                        I applaude anyone who uses the PM forum and I know many HSM members do. It truly is a tour-de-force of complicated website design, way too many twists, turns & tangents for a "practical" person who just wants to get a thoughtful answer or a second (third, fourth) opinion.

Between family, work, eBay & the HSM bbs there's only time left to eat & sleep. Be happy that people who often communicate in formulae have "their own forum".
                        </font>
                        You must be thinking of a different one....to get into the PM forum, its like two mouse clicks.....not exactly difficult.

The quote deal is tricky, copy then paste quote, but whatever.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

I don't understand the rivalry.
                          There's many *unique* posters here as well as over on the PM site. Also many dual-posters, such as myself.
                          Belonging to a few BB's just gives me more chances at getting a larger audience to listen to me rant or to get an answer to a question or two.
                          "Happyland Smurfsville" is just a state of mind.
                          I for one like it.
                          jack

Comment

Same here Jack.
                            I post on both boards and think they compliment one another more than in competition with each other.
                            Most people take it the same way but every so often someone has to have a pop.

Why??

You tell me.

A few months ago it was "that other Board"

And this came from both sides again why,
                            there is no reason not to name them, they are not run by Voldmort

Many people don't know of the other boards so a link is handy or even a searchable name.
                            These boards are only sucessfull if they are posted to, no posts and they die.

So here goes,
                            In no order of preference just a list:-

Practical machinist.
                            http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

Chaski Board.
                            http://www.chaski.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

DIY-CNC list
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY-CNC/

Job Shop Home Shop
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jobshophomeshop/

UK free adverts page
                            http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I prefer this board, as it is the one I am used to. I also surf the PM board, and respond occasionally and use the ads.

PM is more compartmented with all the separate categories, and I only check a couple. If you post in the wrong category, you stand the chance of incurring the wrath of DThomas. Most of the disparaging remarks toward this board are from him as well. It is a shame that he feels that by denigrating the suscribers on this board he is somehow elevating his.

The Chaski board is very cumbersome, it has improved somewhat of late, but I visit very rarely. I do not Yahoo.
                              Jim H.

Comment

Working...
                              X