pics of women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of women

Maybe one day there will be a forum where people discuss machining/workshop topics without the need to belittle women who work and have worked harder than most men in machine shops. Just remember when you guys are insulting and joking there are women who will work doing the same job as you and get paid less. I just do get it. Whats the purpose in the insults. Enjoy it. I want no part of your site. What a joke!!!!!! P.S. to the guys who had something 9 inches to give a woman. Bet if he measured again he would find out his calipers need to be rezeroed.!!!!!

BY RE ZEROED DO YOU MEAN "CALIBRATED"? NICE TERM FOR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A CNC MACHINIST.

AND FOR SOMEONE WHO JUST JOINED THIS GROUP YOU COME OUT LIKE A REAL BIT**! SIT AND LURK AND GET TO KNOW THE GUYS AND GALS ON THE BOARD LIKE MOST DO. AND HEY, IF THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO JOIN, THATS FINE. AS FOR THE COMMENT THAT WAS MADE IN ANOTHER POST... HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.

Comment

CNCWOMAN:

The females in my machining classes were smart, dedicated and very skilled on the machines. I also think the ladies proved their machining abilities during WWII in America. Unfortunately we have too many ignorant men and women with too much time, testosterone, with poor judgement and/or measuring skills. In many cases they let their mouth overload there backsides. I like seeing this forum when it stays on the topic of machining and stays away from social issues. I'll bet most of the readers both male and female would agree.
      Rustystud

Comment

I came on this forum to find out opinions on converting a mill to cnc. I was disgusted to find the remarks made. I thankyou for what you said. I agree about keeping it about machining. I will find another forum. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

cncwoman:

Wow. Hostile.
          Ever told a joke that pokes fun at men?
          Wait a minute, you already did in your last line. Let (s)he who is without sin cast the first stone....

While your topic has merit, your choice of words will only serve to alienate those you wish to change.

Rustystud -well said. (but I still like some of the humour. It's what makes this bbs interesting.)

Comment

Hi! Welcome to the Forum! Nice entrance!

I must say I think you are painting us all with a pretty broad brush. (no pun intended) That all it takes is one foolhardy comment by one board member to condemn all the rest. I've been reading this board for sometime and have found mostly gentlemen and ladies here. Actually, I seem to remember one of the guys coming to the defense of women when one of the very post you may be talking about was made. Comments about how the woman made a major contribution to the war effort and how the job might not have gotten done had it not been for the ladies. Where are the ladies today? Just be glad your not a guy. Look at how we are portrayed on virtually every television commercial out there as stupid bungling jerks. The women are the smart ones.

To show you I can still laugh, your "rezeroing" line was a bit humourous even if you used the wrong terms.

A lot of folks on this forum, you're bound to have some odd ones. It's the law of averages at work! Generally its a very nice board and well administered. I specifically like it because occasionally it does go off topic and that keeps things interesting and not dry. If I wanted to stay totaly on topic I'd just turn off my compuker and take out my Machinery's Handbook 24 Edition and start with page 1.

Welcome to the board! Now that you got our attention tell us where your interest lie.

Ray......

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 03-06-2005).]
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IOWOLF:
              [B]BY RE ZEROED DO YOU MEAN "CALIBRATED"? NICE TERM FOR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A CNC MACHINIST.

IOWOLF:
              I assumed he was using digital calipers to be that far off. My mistake. Your right if he is using dial calipers, by all means get them "CALIBRATED". Your response shows me this is not a forum for me. My post did not give you the right to call me that. It just shows that you being a man and me being a woman lets you feel that you have that right. In the same way that forums have rules and when women are insulted,have sexual remarks made about them its no big deal. A woman says she finds it an insult and she is attacked because that is not allowed. Seems one sided to me. I think you have to live with what you said to and why.

Comment

awful lot of posts for someone who claimed to be leaving and not coming back.

andy b.
                The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Boy,she sure knows how to make friends

Lets see if I can guess,18-35 years old,single,maybe libarts college?

Am I right?

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Maybe there'll be a world someday without 1/4" high forehead doorknobs masquerading as toolmakers, lawyers, presidents and doctors too, but somehow i doubt it.
                    Pete

Comment

Cncwoman,

Your point is well taken here anywhay.
                      My wife works hard in another field and I don't expect her to have take slirs and inunendos either.

kap

ps;

Maybe she means that the guys are Zeros
                      and nothing to do with calibrations.

I don't want to try to put words in this womans mouth.

[This message has been edited by kap pullen (edited 03-06-2005).]

[This message has been edited by kap pullen (edited 03-06-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cncwoman:
                        I came on this forum to find out opinions on converting a mill to cnc. I was disgusted to find the remarks made. I thankyou for what you said. I agree about keeping it about machining. I will find another forum. Thanks for the reply.</font>

OK,
                        Clean sheet.
                        Why CNC ?
                        What mill ?
                        What type of work ?
                        Experiance ?

John S.

PS, Done two and two more on the go at the moment.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 03-06-2005).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

If I got p---ed everytime somebody said something I didn't like,I would get nothing done during the day.
                          It's part of life,get used to it.

------------------
                          Life is hard,better get a helmet!
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

In the first sentence, you complain about men belittling women, then state that men don't work as hard as women. Complain aout men and then insult men in one sentence.

Second sentence, you complain
                            about men insulting women, and then state that women dont get paid fairly. Clearly an insult to men as it is untrue, and most of the machine shops are owned/operated by men.

Then you insult men in general in your last sentence.

You then ask the purpose of the insults ? Whose insults, yours ??

If you truly are insulted about something, try stating JUST that, you will likely get apologies from the PEOPLE here.

Perhaps it is in YOUR best interest to get a thicker skin.

Lenord

Comment

As usual, I don't know what the he$$ I did that brought this on.

Comment

Working...
                              X