Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierdscience
    replied
    I had a twenty foot tall stack of pallets to burn,so I stress relieved a bunch of things.

Charcoal is my favorite for small things thou.

Leave a comment:

• bobbybeef
    replied
    Wierdscience,
    This is just brilliant.Looks pretty enough to go in the lounge as well.Thank you for the pictures.
    How did you stress relieve the base plate? Did you use heat or violence;ie hammering?
    thank you again for a really good post,
    bobby

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    I got several things I want to write up for HSM and MW,unfortunately I can't take pictures to save my life!

Got to find time to work on that next.

Leave a comment:

• IOWOLF
    Guest replied
    Nice piece of work,My complements.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Luck
    replied
    wierdscience, you sure are eating up the attention, are you not!. I looked real close at the photo, I do think I see that slot on a radius. I am proud of you, damn, were a talented lot!!!. Someday when I learn how to do the computor camera thing, I will submit some fine work myself. Bask in the glory as long as you can, my man!!! ---

Leave a comment:

• precisionworks
    replied
    Weird, you been holding back on us. Ever think about writing that up for HSM???

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Jim,ahh..I understand,just a stupid camera angle,the slot IS on a radius Pretty shiney ahhh...what a life If it just had arms and said things like"oh,let me get you a drink and the channel changer"

Ya,Joe,it represents 2 hours worth of slack time broken up in 120,000,000 millisecond intervals

Leave a comment:

• Jim Luck
    replied
    wierdscience - by radius I meant the length of the slot could be on a arc. That way if you moved the head out of alignment the tap would still end up in the slot, and it would look impressive. PS: IT IS BEAUTIFULL MAN, A TRUE WORK OF ART !!!! ---

Leave a comment:

• G.A. Ewen
    replied
    Just beautiful!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WJHartson
    replied
    Darin, thats to pretty to use. I think the sales department has had some slack time. Customers must have stopped comming in every 5 seconds.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    Nice job!
    Some of you guys have so much gumption, it makes me sick.

I'm still working on the Kenbota!

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joel:
    Looks great Darin, but I gotta ask, who gives you the USED soap? </font>
    Same guy you get yours from

Snowman,no collet,I threaded the holder 3/8-24 then turned a chamfer to match the nut on the end.Drilled and reamed the hole to fit the .1406" Tap shank and milled a 7/64 slot through one side at the top(it's actually the rectangular thingy just over the nut)to fit the square drive on the tap.Then I just used a .015" slitting saw to put two splits through opposite sides,The result,stick the tap in and snug it with a wrench.

Jrouche,no finish,the hot rolled was in the form of a 4x1/2" flatbar,it had a nice radius edge on it so I left it.The blue you see is just the ground finish on the top.I put a fine dress on the wheel and then borrowed the Dave Opincarne sharpening system to even the finish.(320 grit wet dry on float glass+a little WD for lube)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Az
    replied
    Nice work Wierd, way to go, looks great!
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• Joel
    replied
    Looks great Darin, but I gotta ask, who gives you the USED soap?

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Real nice looking and plenty useful too.

Is it just the photo angle or is the base plate blued, blackened, browned or colored in any way.

If so, yer process please? Always lookin for a new formula, ahhhh, chemicals.
    JRouche

Leave a comment:

Working...
X