OT Mind Game... Puzzel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Mind Game... Puzzel

Ok this drove my wife nutz for a day. She showed it to me and I figured it out in short order ( about 30-45 sec )... that mad her mad coz I laugh and would not tell her how it worked. Well not right away any ways.

Thought I'd share this with you all here.

http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html#instructions

Now after you get it don't post (HOW IT WORKS).

Tim
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

He says the smarter you are, the longer it takes to solve. I must be real smart.

Paul A.

Paul A.
    SE Texas

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Yep -- took 2 trys and 15 seconds...... OK whats next????????

Comment

Decoded it after first try.

Comment

Tim,

Okay...level with us. Your day job is soooo boring that you have time to search the web for puzzles.

Good puzzle, thanks for posting it!

Comment

I don't have Macromedia Flash player so I cant see what it is, but I think I figured it out anyway in about 22 sec.

-3Ph

Comment

Well, I would've got it on the first try, but I made a stupid arithmatic error. So it took me a few more rolls to nail it down. I know, how hard can it be to count to 8 -sheesh. I read the title of the puzzle and just looked for the representation.

Comment

Thanks for posting that. A very interesting puzzle ! Took abut 20 minutes.

Lenord

Comment

What petals? What rose?
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

The smarter you are the longer to figure it out. Ok I got it the second throw of the dice. 'Bout six seconds. Guess I am not nearly so smart as my momma told me.
                    Craig

Comment

There you go Evan, see you're so @#$% smart you make the rest of us look bad. Remember, how long it takes you to figure it out is supposed to be inversely proportional to your intelligence. Shucks, it might take you days to figure it out.

Evan, I sent you an email. If you don't want to know - don't open the email, just delete it.

[This message has been edited by Jim Caudill (edited 03-10-2005).]

Comment

Took me about 15 mins to work it out....I would give you a hint................But I won't....It is god damn frustrating when you can't figure it out...
                        Precision takes time.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                          What petals? What rose?</font>
                          Evan...Your stuck in the same logic loop that the wife was.

As far as the smarter the longer... well I thnk that's just a way the justify all the time runing numbers to no end.

No Mike... Not me... I'm not ZZZZzzzZZZzz. No really I like my job.

Tim

Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Another... How many legs do you count?

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tinkerer (edited 03-10-2005).]

Comment

Great puzzle! But don't suggest anymore

Down side: It took me quite awhile to figure it out!

Upside: I know every possible combination that can be thrown with 5 dice
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X