X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT My son's new hand made guitar

Hello all:
    I just had to share this!
    My 17 year old son just tonight finished building a 6 string fretless guitar, from plans.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y45/sh...sguitar002.jpg

He did most of the work himself (with a little help from the old man)

It probably cost 3 times the price of a commercially available one, but the experience would have been cheap at double the price.

My smile is even bigger than his!!

Pete

[This message has been edited by shapeaholic (edited 03-16-2005).]

I'd love to see it, but when I click the link I only get the AngelFire logo.

-Ben

Comment

Sorry the link to my webpage didn't work, so I've fixed it ( I think)

Pete

Comment

That's really cool!!!!!

Comment

looks great.

that is a BASS guitar though.

sorry, just a pet peeve of mine after playing bass for almost a decade...
          -paul

Comment

That is one sweet looking Guitar. A friend of mine used to build them. He sold one to a world class blues player. Amazing what people make. Perhaps if ever in our area drop in and jam with my nephew a guitar guruأ© I will sit and drink moosehead beer and clap.

Comment

That is one sweet looking Guitar. A friend of mine used to build them. He sold one to a world class blues player. Amazing what people make. Perhaps if ever in our area drop in and jam with my nephew a guitar guruأ© I will sit and drink moosehead beer and clap.

Comment

Thats a great picture Pete! I know nothing about guitar's. But it's great to see someone learning the enjoyment of making something themselves and that you were able to help. As you said cheap at twice the price.

John.

Comment

now he needs to find the cheapest supplier of quality parts and start doing custom made guitars to sell to his friends!

Comment

Great job but now you got a problem. What to buy him for Christmas? A new axe or a Bridgeport !

I don't have a pet peeve against the bass, I can't play either and would give eyeteeth to learn. I have 3 but can't really play any!
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Having no knowlege and no ability to play I must ask, Why fretless?????

------------------
                      Paul G.
                      Paul G.

Comment

i couldn't play a guitar if my life depended on it, but that one is VERY COOL!

andy b.
                        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

eff the guitar!Thats a fine lookin youngin(got four myself!).Seriously,spend the jack$ dad and get him right on another one!Great job.

Comment

Why fretless bass. So guys like me that are (were) bassviol players can have fun too. Fretless makes for a more mellow sound, doesnt get the "rattle" of metal on frets, and gives the player infinite control of pitch. Besides - it's cool.
                            Craig

Comment

I don't know anything about guitars Pete, but it looks good and it's wonderful to see the smile on his face. My kids are all grown now and I wish I had done more of that type of thing with them.

Enjoy it, they grow up fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X