losing my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing my son

My son Russell is going to Australia in a few weeks to start anew life and we are going to miss him.Russell is a doctor of medicine and is about to embark upon a new life.
    We are trying to encourage him as we know he is excited but at the same time we will sorely miss him.
    Have any of you guys been in the same situation?
    It seems so far away anyway!
    I guess I am just feeling a bit sad at the moment as well as excited for him Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Well i will be loosing one of my best friend soon Alistair .
    He is going to Adelaide (south Australia)
    He is going there as an electrician.
    I look on it as an opertunity for some good holidays in the future.
    look on it that way and it aint so bad .
    all the best...mark

Comment

Jaysus!! Don't scare us like that!!!!!!By the title I thought you meant something else.

Congradulations for your son. Fortunately (or unfortunately) they all grow up and move away. The bright side is, now you and you're wife have a new place to run away to.

Comment

Alistair,
        Our youngest daughter went to New Zealand last August to work on her quest for music stardom. Believe it or not it was Russell, New Zealand! She did return 2 days before Christmas, but all the while she was gone we sorely missed her. Email just doesn't replace a hug! Hang in there.
        Ed
        Ed Pacenka

Comment

I agree with Rustybolt, a title like that will scare the bejeezus out any parent. I know what you feel like though, I have one son in college about 3,500 miles away and my daughter will be leaving this summer going to a college about 5,000 miles away.

Bruce

Comment

Alisatair,
            I left my parents in Southampton, UK 22 years ago so I suppose I was to your son what my parents are to you.
            As MArk says, ti allows for long vacations at a home away from home.
            I think you learn to appreciate your family far more when you're not living in their pockets.
            What's the expression? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
            Ken

Comment

Can't you just make another one?

-3Ph

Comment

Hmmmm, Botany Bay comes to mind.

Comment

Dang it Alistair, DON'T DO THAT!

Start saving up for some plane tickets for next Xmas. I understand the climate down south is a bit better than Scotland.
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I swq the topic title and I prepared for the worst. Alistair you're not losing a son, you're gaining a travel destination! And besides the climate anywhere is better than Scotland
                    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

I expect they'll be many trips downunder in your future! Suggest you loose the kilt! Don't know how fashionable they are down there and you might have to fight your way out of every tavern you visit ! It won't be so bad as you think, just upgrade your computer and webcam! I chat coast to coast with a friend so often it's like chatting over the backyard fence and it's free !!
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Its not that bad down here in the colonies. Where abouts in oz is he going to. We have a big shortage of country gp's.
                        The weather certainly is different to Scotland. I would suggest you visit in our winter months as the summers can be a little harsh for someone from cooler climes.
                        I'm sure he will be made welcome out here.
                        Cheers.
                        Ian

Comment

Those with sense left Scotland, England etc many years ago for down under (or, in Australia's case, those with no choice).
                          Cheer up Alistair, sounds like a good reason to go and visit him one day.

[This message has been edited by Peter S (edited 03-18-2005).]

Comment

Alistair, it is hard on the heart when the children leave home, and I imagine , even harder when they depart for the other side of the globe. But they must leave.
                            It is not goodbye only a "see you soon" and besides you will find the real Aussies to be a friendly bunch ( but very one eyed with their sport and they love a sheep joke or two, usually at the Kiwis' expense ) When you visit your son be sure to hop the ditch and come see New Zealand also, you will be made most welcome.

cheers Alistair, Ken

Ken.

Comment

That's a bugger loosing the rent he pays.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X