Help with Autocad file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Autocad file

I need some help opening an Autocad file. My problem is I don't have the program. The file has a .dwg extension. Can I e-mail it to someone, and have it converted to a pdf or something else I can open? And, then send it back to me? Thanks!
    Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

Go to http://www.fastcad.com and download their free viewer called View7
    This can open DWF and DXF files and print them out. you can resave in different formats but not alter the drawing.
    Autocad do a viewer called Voloview but its about a 28 meg download for a crap viewer.
    View7 is about 3 meg IIRC

John S.

Failing that email me the file and I'll save it to whatever you want.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

send it to me [email protected]

Comment

Arbo,
        Try looking in "download.com". Yuo should be able to find a free viewer there and it won't be 28 meg.

Jack

Comment

Arbo,
          Try looking in "download.com". You should be able to find a free viewer there and it won't be 28 meg.

Jack

Comment

Just FYI, the last time I looked at the Autodesk (AutoCAD) site, they want money now for the Voloview program . What a stupid idea. Kind of defeats the purpose if the program in the first place.

Comment

Autodesk has seriously fallen behind. Pro E and Solid works are making Autodesk work now, and they seem to have forgotten how to do that. Work that is.

Ok rant off. Sorry.

You might try this link for a viewer. I have yet to try it but a friend said that he likes it. Standard stuff, I dont work for these guys, I dont get a bonus for referals etc, etc, etc. rock

http://www.infograph.com/products/dwgviewer/
              At the bottom is a section called free dwg viewer.

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 03-22-2005).]
              Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Working...
              X