Lifting Device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting Device.

I am trying to come up with a device that is foot operated and can lift about 5 to 9 pounds on demand. I was thinking a sealed air type cylinder with a foot bellows type connected by a simple air hose. The device should allow a slow controlled rate of descent so nothing goes clunk. But i really dont have a clue. Please any ideas guys, Thanx

Air might be too bouncy for enough control to keep it from going clunk.
    Hydraulics with high enough pressure/(small enough cylinders) that seal break away friction won't be a problem

bc
    BC

If ya wannit done your way ya gotta do it yourself.

Comment

Knowing nothing of of the "how to's" of pneumatic engineering, only seeinig pneumatically operated devices, possibly a lifting cylinder with a regulated exhaust?

I got a laugh to myself when I first opened the post. "Foot operated lift device", I immediately thought of the device, (boot) on my foot that I once used to "lift" a mangy, stray cat from my porch. I think they weigh in about 5 to 9 pounds.
      Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

I think a simple electric water pump connected to your sealed cylinder would be fine for lifting 5-9 pounds.... Reverse the polariy on your electric water pump to go back down... simple.

Here is a simple 12v Electric fuel pump that already has an OFF/FILL/EMPTY switch and it can pump glow fuel which has oil and it's only costs $13:

Connect this little guy up to a sealed cylinder and you've got yourself a mini hydrolic lift.

use standard solicon fuel tubing like this (3 feet for a couple bucks).

-3Ph

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 03-23-2005).]

Comment

Would a tool balancer work?

http://www.hubbell-gleason.com/PreEn...rs/Balancr.pdf
          Barry Milton

Comment

3 Phase Lightbulb,

That's a clever idea!

Comment

5 to 9 lbs by foot- how about a cable operated device, maybe a stirrup of sorts for your foot and a pully or two for the cable- ?
              I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I have built robotics, air over oil, you can meter the oil into a cylinder with a adjustable orifice. Use just a tank full of oil, add air to move cylinder. I converted a old freon tank the last time I tinkered with this.

It removes all the bounce. Use vegetable oil it works and is cheap.

David

Comment

Working...
                X