small punch press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small punch press

I found a neat little niagara 101 punch press. The tonnage isn't marked but it has about an 18" flywheel. Any ideas?
    (I've always wanted my own punch press...)

------------------
    Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
    Techno-Anarchist

Ahh hate you.
    (not really)

Gee, there ya are finding some fun toys.

David

Comment

not sure of tonnage but the cycle time is very fast, they are great for cross hole punching tubing, and small gang punching ops.

pop, make $.25 as fast as you can feed it.

pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25pop, make $.25

you get the idea.

realy I just have built the dies, I never have run one, little gray haired ol ladys run the thing.

[This message has been edited by tattoomike68 (edited 03-19-2005).]

Comment

The shop I used to work at had me making punch press dies and setting the things up. Did a couple of progressive dies while I was there. Nothing that fancy though. Anyway I always thought they were interesting machines that could do neat stuff. scary as hell setting up a new die set though
        Not sure how useful this little one would be but it's only about 2' high and weighs a few hundred lbs.
        Maybe stamping out fishing lures...
        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Where in the heck do you keep finding all this stuff? You hit the lottery too?

Comment

I just accumulate nearly servicable junk and put a bunch of time in stuff. Currently working on the shaper, a heat treat oven, a milling machine and lathe #2...
            Love that grader Ken!
            Oh yea I got all the parts for that servo drive and finally put it back together... Then I got another one that works...
            Techno-Anarchist

Comment

MIKE are you saying he should make quarter size slugs for vending machines. well It would feed the family wouldnt it?

Comment

Little old ladies without fingers run the things - I prefer the manual type - a Jarecki die tryout press with a wheel - 23 ton capacity and all 10 fingers.

pop - $.25 - pop - $.25 - pop - ouch A.T.

Comment

I've got a small one as well with about a 12" flywheel. It is marked as a "4 ton"

Comment

Hey Caddy, what in the world do you do with it?
                    Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Make fishing lures...lots of them.

-Jacob

Comment

I've got one with a four foot flywheel rated at 60 tons. I make really big lures!

Comment

Where does one find the punches for these presses?

TMT

Comment

Hoffman
                            Sorry to be so long without a reply. I came by it at a surplus joint about ten years ago and my sister used it for a long time to cut out stencils for her greeting card business. (pretty light duty)Since then I have been waiting for retirement to have the time to fix it after she dropped off the truck when she she returned to me!!

Comment

Working...
                            X