Single cylinder engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single cylinder engine

Found this on our local auction site, good deal or what? What were they fitted to when new.?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/a...sp?id=24520184

I put a bid on it , but sombody wants it more than me.

They cost $68,000 in the late 1940's, so $6,000 is a good buy if you need it for a land speed record attempt or a VERY fast jet boat (hydroplane).

They were used in the:
    Douglas D-558-II Skyrocket
    Douglas F3D Skyknight
    Douglas X-3 Stiletto
    Lockheed P2V Neptune
    McDonnell XF-85 Goblin

They were also tried in other airframes.

------------------
    Barry Milton
    Barry Milton

Comment

I always wanted one for my backyard so I could properly terrorize my neighbours.

Comment

I wonder if that would fit on my 74 AMC Gremblin???

Naaaa....and with today's fuel prices, might be a mistake. I here those things are fairly thirsty (sort of.....).

RPease

Comment

Hook it up to a welder/generator for welding 3" plate in a single pass

Comment

But don't let 3Ph see it, he'll try to make a death cart.

Comment

Just a question of who gets to it first. Jessie James of TV fame or CCWKen for his driveway road grader! Run that baby up after every rain to touch up the driveway and you'd have the neighbors praying for drought!
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Back in 1967 this guy used a similar single cylinder "motor"..............

Got into the record books twice: http://www.petersen.org/images/exhib...en-Monster.jpg
                Barry Milton

Comment

Working...
                X