Clear All

• Photo: Look What the Marines Found in Baghdad

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

WOW!! Big-un!!

Comment

Wonder what the shipping would be?
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Yay, we finally found one of their weapons of mass destruction... Those lathes are deadly.

-3Ph

Comment

Uh, I'm guessing a 20" Abdulah-Swasey? Probably comes with "the fleas of a thousand camels". I wouldn't want the job of cleaning the sand out of that baby!

Any info on it? Is it U.S., Soviet, or...?
          Ed Pacenka

Comment

Caption that was with it said Russian.
            THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Looks like a fairly substantial machine. Hope they didn't wreck it.

Comment

I wonder if those are more lathes in the background of that photo?

Comment

You know they wrecked it they are Uncle Sams Misguided Children!!! Semper Fie Mac.
                  Lumpsmith

Comment

Makes you wonder why,if they had nothing to hide,why did they hide so much?
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

A precision lathe is essential in the making of a nuclear weapon.
                      Anyone recall the Tom Clancy book about a Muslim terrorist group building a nuclear weapon? There was a bit of metalworking in that, as I recall.

Comment

Apparently they missed one.

The deal apparently is that a LOT of precision machinery, indeed capable of working on missle parts, etc, was "looted" systematically from the weapons factories near Baghdad

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

Lathe =WMD???? What's next, a rusty scrap file listed as duel use WMD technology? A few minutes on a grinding wheel and a stone and you have a tool to take that old beater to WMD standards.

Comment

In the background it looks like there's a Hammond B3 under the tarp. Maybe it was a music instrument repair shop.

Comment

WMD's? Saddam wanted us to think he had them and I for one took him at his word.

A good WMD can be as simple as a pocket knife in the hands of a terrorist. Used a plastic one to take out the World Trade Center Towers and I understand the beheadings are done with pocket type knives. Not the moschetti one might assume. Very slow with much pain, much suffering. I'd gladly give what time I have left in this world if I could be 35 again for a year and placed "in country" till the rats nest is cleaned out.

The Marines are right, kill'em all and let God sort'em out.

Ray (Tet)

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 03-25-2005).]
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X