X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFD ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

THIS WOULD BE A HECK OF A BUY.

Before buying anything like that make sure you can get a manual! Since he doesn't have it I'd check the manufacturer and see if one is available for download. A VFD without a manual is a pain!

Comment

Not a lot of info on it although a web search links them with Yaskawa.

3~ in but could run on single phase derated.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Do you have 440 3phase to run it? The guys on the other board say the logic circuits need the indicated voltage to operate correctly. I personally don't know.

Comment

That doesn't apply. The logic circuitry will be derived from two of the phases and is only 10 or 24 volts at 10 mA

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You gotta watch these eBay autions for inverters etc. Some of them are first generation technology where noisy six step output and few control amenities.

I suggest that if you can't find a manual on-line for a VFD auction (or any industrial electronics for that matter) you give it a pass no matter how cheap the price. No docs = no way to tinker with the settingss.

Comment

Mr. Wolf-

Do you have 480V single phase to run it? I know that you can usually run a 3 phase inverter on single phase, allowing for appropriate derate, but I'm less certain that you can run a 380-480V 3 phase drive on 240 single phase. I do know from purchasing drives in the past that 240 drives for a given horsepower size will typically cost more than a 480V. I assume that the added cost is for higher current SCR's or IGBT's.

take care
              Bernie

Comment

Working...
              X