X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ben78
    • Aug 2004

Import Collet Chuck

Thinking about buying an chinese ER32 Collet Chuck, Anybody have any scary experience with these that should make me avoid them?
  • precisionworks
    • Feb 2005

I considered the China set but went with the Polish Bison: http://www.penntoolco.com/catalog/pr...ategoryID=5369

Fantastic quality, beautiful machine work, the collet nut glides on and off the chuck. Bison collets are $10-$11 each and guaranteed to 0.0004" TIR.

Whichever you buy, be sure to get all the "in between" sizes that the set doesn't have. Mine stays the the mill most of the time as it's my primary toolholder.

------------------
    Barry Milton
    Barry Milton

Comment

• ben78
      • Aug 2004

Anyone know where non chinese tooling can be bought in Oz? And I don't have the budget to ring Blackwoods...

Comment

• matador
        • Jul 2003

Ben,I have an import ER32 set,metric,came with 6 collets,and a "certificate"Although the closer nut has severe runout on the outside,the inside is concentric,so it's not a problem.Just looks scary .I did have to put in a reducer,"cause my 7045 mill-drill has a 4 morse taper.Thyis also meant a slightly longer 12mm drawbar,but i could get this ready made at a bolt supplier.
        The prices of the collets can vary quite a bit,so shop around.BTW,my set cost me about $500nz,including the morse reducer.

------------------
        Hans
        Hans

Comment

• ben78
          • Aug 2004

The two I have been considering are one from Hafco, and the other is on ebay. The Hafco one is $285 and has 6 collets. I am of the opinion that it is a vertex brand (which is Taiwanese) and the other set has a starting bid of $145 and is regularly listed and finishes with no bids, it has 8 collets.

Now the Bison set is $235usd and has 11 imperial collets (which isn't so much of a problem as ER32 collets have a 40 thou crush range) so this is around $315aud plus postage.

Then again, the same set sold locally would be $1500...

Comment

Working...
          X