Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinging Carl

Carl,
    On Don Voldmort's site you have posted some pics as clickable thumbnails.

Is it possible to do this on this site?

I think it's brilliant as it doesn't waste bandspace for people on dialup and better than just a link as often you have no idea what the link contains.
    This way you get to see the pic and decide if you want a bigger version.

Ta,

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

John, I have one on this site right now in the thread: "More Old Hendey Lathes". The sites that I am linking the photos from usually have a thumbnail along with the full size photo. I use UBB code like you would to link to a URL using a short descriptive text (i.e. CLICK HERE etc.).

Instead of the descriptive text, use the url of the thumbnail with image tags. This means you must cut and paste both the url of the full size photo as well as the url of the thumbnail photo, and then apply the UBB code.

This gets a little tricky. I use the view button on my browser window to access the history of recently viewed websites so I can quickly move back and forth between the site I am linking from and the site I am linking to, to cut and paste the required URLs.

Go to my post titled "More Old Hendey Lathes", then click on the EDIT/DELETE button. You will be able to see the code I used.
    THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Working...
    X