Flu killed a friend :Warning: !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu killed a friend :Warning: !!!

Just a quick note: If you catch the strain of flu going around get to a doctor.

Paula Grace Jeffress IN Calhoun Ga died today from flu complications. She was on her way with her father to the hospital and the arteries/veins in her throat ruptured from coughing. She died in the truck, Attempts to keep her alive failed.

I refused to tattoo her 4 years ago because of her poor skin color and health. I am quite sure this caused it. Skin color/texture has a lot to do with a persons health. She drank constantly.

Mike (my buddy who painted the black on my bike), His wife is a nurse, they got the same strain of flu, the doctor gave them both Z-pac with extension. Now, both them are healthy and the doctor was worried.

Must be some kind of flu. If you catch it don't screw around. get some medical attention.

Today:
    I just cut a dead tree, it was in the way of the new chainlink fence line. A 3" limb fell on me, a high block stopped it from hitting my head but severly bruised my arm. Gotta love good reflexes. I sunk my feet about a inch and half into the ground and almost stepped outa my shoes when I moved. About ten more blows like that would have drove me in like a nail.. (ha.. that'd been funny)
    A grape vine hung the tree up.. I had to skid the tree trunk down the hill with a iron bar. I was afraid it'd fall on my building. I was soaking wet when it finally hit the ground.

David

Ya,that flu is bad,to bad for us it's different every year.

Watch them tree limbs,had a friend who nearly got skewered through and through.The thing went in about 4",took quite awhile to heal up.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Your neighbor with a video camera could be rich just following you around and then sending the tapes to America's Funniest Videos. Step back, take life a little slower, and live longer to enjoy all the tools and toys you have in what few years we have left. Life is short enough, don't help shorten it yourself. Your friend--Mike.

Comment

I have seen that flu here in my area (New Hampshire). several of my students have been out from 7 to 10 days from it, almost 60% all said and done. been short on staff for the past three months in our whole school district. I would say this flu has put teaching behind by about three weeks. There is a second strain going around, three to five days, I would say between the two, 90% of the students and staff have had it. My kid got it, four days out ajnd a full weekend. My wife was three days out and a full weekend.

I got the flu, was never out, but should have been. I struggled through it for three days of work due to about 40% of staff being out, and my being close to the school. Suffered through a three day weekend immediately after and a major snow storm in the process having to clean it up =- five hours to do two hours work. Five weeks and change later, I am now just back, but still some base effects in the sinuses and strength loss. Only spent one and 1/2 days in bed, but 30 hours sleep, and 12 hours per night of sleep, and about 50% worthless as a teachr (which, is still pretty good all said and done, compared to no teacher). Work, come home, sleep - but for the snow storm. Then after all of this, wife and kid got it, I lapsed into minimal sleep and maximal work to do my job, take care of more snow, and take care of them. Then mother in law died while I was hit the second time. Yeah, it is a bad one. I did not have opportunity to take care of myself, and will probably have a week more of recovery all said and done.

take care of yourself, and if you do not, you were warned.
        CCBW, MAH

Comment

Ever since I started taking a daily regiment of tabasco sauce on my breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner, for the past 3 years now, havent gotten sick.
          Perhaps a coincidence, but again, perhaps not. I used to get the flu every year.

Comment

Bill, Doc's salsa on my homepage there on the link above, it'll knock out a head cold.

It's just pickled jalepeno peppers, garlic and green/white onions.
            Last I made with tomatos from central america gave me the craps. I was not happy. Not made any here since. Having a high-acid content in the body makes the virus'es and other bacterias move on. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) taken every two hours will hurry the flu right on. Makes it burn when you pee like you got the clap thou.

David

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillH:
              Ever since I started taking a daily regiment of tabasco sauce on my breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner, for the past 3 years now, havent gotten sick.
              Perhaps a coincidence, but again, perhaps not. I used to get the flu every year.
              </font>
              Hi ya Bill, I use cayenne powder frequently on my food, also massive garlic doses when I feel 'out of sorts' and I seem to be free of flu. Zinc is good, I am told it allows the body to metabolise the vitamins more
              efficiently.

Thanks for the warning Dave. Ya gotta keep the immune system healthy to have a chance against these bugs. I don't hold with innoculation as a first resort as I feel that they are short term and too specific.

My father-in-law was pile driven into the ground by a felled tree when he was a young man and was saved by a nearby tree stump stopping the process; he was knocked out cold and discovered by his brother some time later. His top vertabrae were almost destroyed and he survives to this day in his 80's: he is a hard working Kiwi boy with guts.

Ken

Ken.

Comment

Cure for anything-

1 sack fresh oysters
                1 heeling knife
                1 bottle Tobasco
                1 6 pack Busch or similar

Wack,shuck,squirt,swallow and your done
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

A hung up tree is a very dangerous thing. I started sweating when it would not fall. No real telling which way it will roll from hung up limbs.

Mike:
                  I am not stupid, I try to be as careful as I can when I do things. Problem is I am all alone here. When my muscles are too sore to sand the sheetrock I started on the porch, when my back and ankles were telling me shingling was too much fun I started driving / concreting fence posts for the new fence. Now I am almost back to the sheetrock finishing again. (have 36 more posts and 320 feet of fence to do)
                  Not enough Davids/Carrols to cover the list of things to do so I can start enjoying life again. Mountain stone on the foundation / poured concrete wall is what I dread.. I know.. I will hate that.

David

Comment

You know what, hre is some truth to the tabasco thing....Ihave not had rabasco on anything in months. never got the flu before this year, tabasco was like salt to others for my meals.

Also curbed my Sam Adams intake a couple of months back.

I know know how to get better.
                    CCBW, MAH

Comment

Wierd:

A klien rubber grip 4" square shank screwdriver is the "best Shucker knife" you'll ever hold. Rubber grip will not slip as your hands are wet. Try it, you'll like it.

David

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wierdscience:
                        Wack,shuck,squirt,swallow and your done </font>
                        Your sure that your talking about oysters here??

cheers, Ken

Ken.

Comment

Gypsie,

Worked for the Forest Service in 1971, Powell Ranger Station, Lolo, MT. Our crew cleared trails through the wilderness area so horse-packers could get in & out. Bill, the trail boss, called any deadfall tree "widowmaker".
                          Barry Milton

Comment

Peppers among the food types which have the highest concentrations of vitamin C.

Jeff

Comment

Re exterior contact virus prevention, stop rubbing your eyes ! Touch something...door knob at a restaurant, keyboard at work, whatever...it may have virus residue..gets on your fingers, you rub your eyes and you get infected.

Of course pickin your nose is even worse, but I *know* none of you guys *ever* do that !

Comment

Working...
                              X