Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else share my views on American Choppers show now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else share my views on American Choppers show now?

1. OCC crew visits [some huge ass company] looking to whore out some publicity. Paul Jr says, "I've got a lot of ideas from our tour of [some huge ass company]'s plant." Mikey drops something.

2. Back in the shop, obligatory grinding and cutting.

3. Paul Sr yells at Paul Jr, saying he doesn't do any work. Paul Jr responds by yelling at Paul Sr, saying his father cramps his design style. [Repeat three times]

4. Cut to commercial: Want to buy the OCC game for $50?

5. Back in the shop, cut from the obligatory sanding and grinding, to show OCC Crew smashing, crashing, riding or burning something completely unrelated to choppers. Insert Mikey joke.

6. Cut to commercial: Want to buy a copy of American Chopper on DVD for $50?

7. Paul Sr yells at Paul Jr, saying they won't make the deadline. Paul Jr responds by yelling at Paul Sr, saying they will make the deadline. [Repeat three times]

8. Surprise, they make the deadline.

9. Hundreds of employees for [some huge ass company], most of which probably haven't received raises in years, have to feign enthusiasm as company managers unveil a bike they just spend $50,000 to have built.

10. Paul Jr says, "This is the [coolest|neatest|best|toughest|most creative] bike that OCC has even built." Paul Sr puts his hands in his pockets. The end.
    Stay Safe

My favorite part is....

Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow? Can I Ride the black widow?

-Adrian

Comment

You've got if figured out just right!

It's like some of the other lousy shows. Watch VH1's biography shows. They have a recipe or formula they follow too. Even the timing seems to be about the same from show to show.

"Just before the commercials 45 minutes into the show talk about how the subject just about died of a drug over. After the commercials tell how the subject miraculously survived to come back better and stronger than ever." Blah, blah, blah!

Comment

Another problem I have with the show is that they don't even build there own frames!!!! If you go to any bike show you'll see several bike builders fabricating all there own stuff. Those guys are the real deal!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm unimpressed. They're an excellent example of how not to do interpersonal relationships.
          ----------
          Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
          Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
          Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
          There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
          Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
          Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

I don't know enough about bikes to comment on them--I just watch the show occasionally to look at the pretty shop machinery-- but in between I have become pretty tired of that grumpy Dad role that Paul Sr plays.

Comment

Well now when that show came out I thought it a fu..... joke. More money than friggin brains. I started riding and racing motorcycles as a kid. I love them. But that TV **** is a frikking joke to me and also other riders I know that actually know how to ride. The producers just hype up that crap to get ratings and make dough. Next year it could be hot rods and then what ...Whatever they want to do i guess. Good for them . I guess lots of people have nuttin better to do in there lives than watch that useless crap. Me id rather drink beer and work on my hobbys.

Comment

I remember doing that, yay, act happy as if our new toy is yours to use, but it's not.
                You know, the Cop and FD bikes, they had to be feeling the same thing, wow, you built the bike for us, but your taking it with you, wow, thanks.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lotsa luck:

9. Hundreds of employees for [some huge ass company], most of which probably haven't received raises in years, have to feign enthusiasm as company managers unveil a bike they just spend $50,000 to have built.

</font>

Comment

Madman,

I thought beer IS your hobby!

------------------
                  Barry Milton
                  Barry Milton

Comment

I think most here will agree the show has no redeeming value. Or no value at all. I have only seen a few minutes or a few shows, mainly when I am too busy to change the channel immediately. Pure C***.

Paul A.
                    Paul A.

Make it fit.
                    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

I'm kinda getting bored of OCC, but I watch it because it's funny and entertaining.... I can't say that for Saturday Night Live... If OCC was serious, I bet I could fall asleep watching it even with a pair of vise grips clamped onto every one of my toes.

-Adrian

Comment

$50k? Naw, think $150k+.

Comment

In my humble opinion the show is a good lesson on what NOT to do in the shop.

Those guys are dangerous.

I feel the same way as lotsa about most of those shows. American Hot Rod being just one of them.What a bunch of pansys.

Comment

These motorcycle builders are a breed amongst themselves, how they manage to come up with a seemingly nice looking product in the end is completely beyond me.

Comment

Well....

For small kids whose alternative is more Cartoon Network - do you think OCC is so bad. May be they could use some improvement, but just look at the TV alternatives. Kids need to visualize to start getting a handle on things.

So they aren't HD. Manufacturing anying in NY State and still making a decent living beats the odds - at least 4x1. I think that is a good thing.

I wish that Indian Larry were still with us to do an equivalent show.
                              http://www.indianlarry.com/

It is a really, really important thing that OCC has done - to open up and give those who have no clue - or ever will - some view into designing and making something. I don't make the ICs I design with - can't do everthing. But my kids can watch a board come together - from napkin scribbles on.

Where are kids going to get the understanding that work is an honeorable, enjoyable, and creative thing - otherwise? Burger King - if they could even get a job there?

OCC ain't production. They could clean up their act. But it is a world better than Sponge Bob.

So give 'em a break... Here's hoping they make stacks of cash - so there WILL BE better knock offs...

-jerry
                              dvideo

Comment

Working...
                              X