Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay item...kind of pricey?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...507175513&rd=1
    What am I missing here? Why is this thing selling so high? I've seen simular tools sell for $30 to $40. Also seen that many inserts go as a lot for $20.
    I don't have any catalogs with Sandvik stuff in them so see how much this is worth.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Russ,

You may be able to find some info here: http://www.coromant.sandvik.com/

I've bought quite a few indexables on eBay and learned two things - make sure you can identify the insert & make sure the insert is commonly available.

If you want a brand new Seco-Carboloy face mill CHEAP, let me know. BTW, the inserts are $40USD each...........................

------------------
    Barry Milton
    Barry Milton

Comment

Hi Russ.

That Sandvik stuff is expencive. Those inserts would be worth $18 NZ a pop here, so $200 for that lot with the shell and torx driver is still a good deal.

John.

Comment

Geez..it sold for $346 Cnd. Must be hella good stuff. That's only a 3/4" cutter.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by torker:
          Geez..it sold for $346 Cnd. Must be hella good stuff. That's only a 3/4" cutter.</font>
          Yea, and that is probably about half price for those inserts alone if you went and bought them from Sandvik.

There certinly are cheaper alternatives.

John.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zl1byz:
            Hi Russ.
            That Sandvik stuff is expencive. Those inserts would be worth $18 NZ a pop here, so $200 for that lot with the shell and torx driver is still a good deal.
            John.
            </font>
            Expensive is the word alright. I have a couple of Sandvik holders and cannot ( wont ) afford the inserts. I picked up a Sandvik torque driver ( 0.5nm - 4.0nm ) at an auction for pennies...was I surprised to find the new price of one of these suckers!!
            It comes in handy for torqueing down fine screws etc though

cheers, Ken

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 04-15-2005).]
            Ken.

Comment

Barry....Geez have you got two or three of them for sale? I'd take them all....and sell my house to load them up with inserts!
              That's insane....$40 US for an insert!
              Damn, I thought $20 Cnd each for Kennametal inserts for my 2" endmill was pricey.
              And of course, the ones I need never come up on Ebay.

Comment

I can't offer any insite into these inserts. I can offer some insite into the buyer of them.

In the past 6 months he's purchased inserts at least once before on ebay. He plays golf but his short game sucks. Don't kid him on his golf game because he carries a switchblade. He fiddles around with a Toyota, is hard on sun glasses and his wife dresses sexy as hell !

If you click on the number of feedbacks he has you will see not only the feedbacks but the items he's purchased. The item numbers still in bold blue on the far right side of the screen you can still look at!! (they drop off after 6 months) I always check these out when I'm in a bidding war to see who I'm upagainst. Had he a lot of experiance buying machinery I would try to best him becuase I'd figure he knows something I don't!!
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I'd like to meet his wife.

Maybe I should offer him the Seco-Carboloy face mill.................................

------------------
                  Barry Milton
                  Barry Milton

Comment

Working...
                  X