My New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Car

I built myself a new ride. It is primarily a parade car, and a toy. The inspiration came from the following website. www.smallcarplans.com Future plans include a red padded seat, and a black surrey top. I'll mount signs advertising my business on the side.

Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

Neat..... Is that a Millermatic 251 in the background? How do you like it?

-Adrian

Comment

awesome! what kind of wheels are they and what engine did you use? that is a project i could get interested in.

andy b.
      The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Arbo, nice job! Also, thanks for the url on smallcarplans. I glanced over all of his newsletters and it looks pretty interesting.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Yes, that is an MM251. It has been a great machine. I have it about a year now. I also set it up with the 30A spoolgun for aluminum, and that works great also.

The wheels are 20" 144 spoke bicycle wheels I bought from a vendor on eBay. The engine is a 6.5HP B&S. Power is transfered through a Comet torque converter and a jackshaft before it gets to the rear axle. Top speed is about 20MPH.
          Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

Comment

Working...
          X