Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: The estrogen is so thick I could cut it with a knife!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsr911
    replied
    Come on guys haven't you figured out the mother in law angle yet? Example: a client of mine gave me Tribe tickets right behind home plate two weeks ago, I took the MIL who is a huge baseball fan. My wife has had to endure two weeks of her mother bitching that she doesn't take care of her household like she should. I treat the MIL as good as my own mother, she thinks I'm a total sweetheart and constantly warns her daughter not to screw this one up. The caveat here is that I actually like my MIL so getting along with her is never a chore, same with my father in law whom I'd bend over backwards to help at a moments notice.

I did learn a trick years ago though. I worked as a waiter in a fine restaurant with mostly female co-workers, after awhile they all go PMS at the same time each month, the following week me and the other guys would announce it was our PMS week and be total bastards, after awhile it became a big joke and we all got along better.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Now Gwen Stefani is a completely different matter. Britney doesn't hold a candle to Gwen. And I'm sure Gwen has much better legs than Luciano!

Yep, the wife started packing her bags and told me to move my truck out of the way so she could back her SUV out of the garage and leave.

I gave her a few minutes alone then moved my truck. She calmed down after that.

I guess she was surprised I called her bluff. I wasn't about to beg her to stay. Except for one other episode she's been pretty quiet since then.

Last week she went to visit her parents for 3 days down in St. Louis. She came back home when she said she would.

I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm walking on eggshells though.

Dating = catch and release
    Man, that's a good one.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 04-26-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    My buddy had his oldlady threaten to leave,she said "if I had my own vehicle I would gone in ten minutes"

He threw his keys to her and said"gee is that all it takes? It's only a 1/2 ton Chevy,I got parts for six more in the barn,If I had known it was that easy your ass would have been gone two years ago"

After that she got real quiet and suddenly her attitude changed

Russ,yep that's the one Saw Gwen Stefani on letterman the othernight,and yes Dave she does have fantasic legs

That's why I like dating,or as I call it"catch and release"
    Just wish wildlife and fish had a tagging program for those like they do geese

Leave a comment:

• PSD KEN
    replied
    NOW, I remember why I never got remarried!
    Mine only tried to knife me, a well placed fist changed her mind.
    Well, maybe I do miss the combat scenes.

Leave a comment:

• charlie coghill
    replied
    My wife of 41 years and I get along real well. Our 40 year old daughter and her three teenage kids was supposed to be with us for two or three weeks, it is now going on 21/2 years and I am about to go out of my mind.

I am the one that is making it hard on the wife.

I have put a dead line on, move out with or without a job.

Thank God for the shop and my dentist chair. I can get a real good nap in that chair.

[This message has been edited by charlie coghill (edited 04-26-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    pgmrday, I must have a few years on you. We went thru the worst of our similar situation about 8 years ago. But it was me that mentioned the D word. Told her I'd give her everything, just leave me with my 401k and the tools and I'd make a new life for myself. Told her she was broke and needed to get fixed. Quality of life is more important than any other issues for me. The next week she made Dr. appt, got on the meds and life is back to normal. It's quite possibly the most frank discussion I ever had with her. No hollering, just calm to the point discussion that lasted maybe 5 minutes. I'm glad things went the way they did, we've gotten along real well except for that chapter of our lives. Good luck

Can't get into Pavorotti for me but Sarah Brightman's "One Night in Eden" DVD has about 50 plays on it and Andy Botchalini (Andrea Boccelli) has about the same! That's about as close to opera as I care to get. Hell, even my kids like brightman!

Leave a comment:

• dicks42000
    replied
    Opera's OK, especially Gilbert & Sullivan stuff. Some orcestral stuff too. Paverotti & the other tenors can't strut & jiggle like Britanny though & the kids hate opera....
    I retreat to the shop & bend metal....
    Rick

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Going to the opera would beat the hell out of listening to Britney trying to sing. Why she thinks she's a singer is beyond me.

Give me some singing by Luciano Pavarotti any day.

Leave a comment:

• plm
    replied
    Just hope they don't drag you to see an opera.

plm

Leave a comment:

• madman
    replied
    .357 magnum loaded with snake shot. Will blow out the tv screen without too much chance of richochet. Also works on computer screens.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Gauthier
    replied
    I also head for the shop or listen to the voices that tell me to do some reloading.

------------------
    Paul G.

Leave a comment:

• ricksplace
    replied
    Priest says to his congregation, "No more questions, anything you want to know is in the Bible".

A hand goes up at the back and asks, "Where in the Bible does it talk about PMS?"

The Priest replies, "Where it says "Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Bethlehem."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My wife is in the early stages of menopause so the Nordic Style is out.

When they get menopausal it's like living with someone who has multiple personalities. And the other personalities can be mean!

I brought a bottle of Dr. Pepper into the bedroom one Friday afternoon to drink while I changed clothes after work. I always take the empty bottle to the recycling bin in the garage and I never spill the stuff so it's never been a problem. Well little did I realize that spouse #2 was in control that day and flew into a rage for at least 30 minutes about bringing a soda into the bedroom. She cancelled our plan for a Saturday trip to Cabela's and brought up the 'D' word (that's right, Divorce).

So the Nordic Style has no chance around my house. I'd end up living in a sod hut in the backyard like the Nordic people lived in. But maybe I'd have a case of Dr. Pepper in my sod hut.

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    I'm okay till she drags out the vacuum. She only vacuums when she's peeved it seems. Either that or she vacuums with a vengence. Even the dog starts walking around the house real slow and careful like he's just been hollered at.

The old Nordic Style might work for some of you fellows. That's the style where you go with out a shower for a month, mat up you hair and when you hit the kitchen door you take only one step inside, plant your feet about two feet apart, put your hands on your hips lean back just a tad and bellow "Woman goddamnit, where's my food?" If done properly you should be able to hear your echo thru the house followed by a meek "hi dear! how was your day?" If per chance you should hear anything at all other than that, leave quickly and find something else to do for a while!

And you single guys that are getting ready to chime in on this, don't. Us married guys are all in this situation cause we broke up with Rosey Palm long ago!

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 04-26-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• spope14
    replied
    I handle this by getting out of Dodge. I have found out that a meal of cabbage and corn beef, or some salsa and bean dip and some time in the cellar workshop, garage, my office (window open)or whatever gets me some peace - or at least some room.

Oh man, I do feel for you. Here is the line-up for my home as it sits now: Wife, who is menopausal. Oldest daughter, going through a nasty end of a relationship. Grand daughter - 2 3/4 years old and in that truly terrible stage and also involved with the end of the nasty relationship. 14 year old daughter - body bouncing with hormones. Two of the four are going through PMS right now, the grand daughter just "picks it up", and wife of mine joins in the fun. When I walk into a room, I may as well walk into a room of people juggling chainsaws, or through a newly laid mine field. Add my nosy sister in law, who drops by on a regular bais - especially during these time just to get a piece of the commisseration.....

Heck, I could not to anything right, even if it was exactly what they ask, so I just walk through quietly, try not to disturb any mines, and leave just as quietly. Just never seems to work, I come out beat up no matter how quick a trip.

Did you know that "Charmed" and "Angel" are on one after another on the Tele??? Two really big time woman oriented action shows that bring out the estrogen like you just can't believe. Add this to me coming home into the "Stihl" convention, and ---well, my shop is actually one mile away from the house, an I have no cell phone reception or a regular telephone in (out yes, in - no) to the shop.

I used to have a camp in Vermont. Miss it tonight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X