Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5k Al cutoff saw - what is this guy thinking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5k Al cutoff saw - what is this guy thinking???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7511997958

andy b.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Even more humorous is the "NO RESERVE!!!!!!! NO RESERVE!!!!!!!"

-Adrian

Comment

if it doesnt have any bids by day three, perhaps "ULTRA RARE" will be added to the description.

asshats.

Comment

What is it? Is it a shaper that was retrofitted with a saw, or was it originally produced that way?

Would the blade on that cut through aluminum effectively if run at the correct speed? In the picture, it appears as if the blade is a constant thickness up to the teeth, which is a recipe for lots of heat generation isn't it?

...trying to learn

Chad

Comment

wow, i don't have a Aluminum Cutoff Saw Shaper yet. hmmmm

Comment

The mechanics I work with rebuild the gear box on a giant version of one of these every year. It has a cutoff wheel that is like 6 foot in diameter, it cuts aluminum logs that are 2 foot in diameter. It takes about 5 seconds to go through the log and is one of the more violent machines I have ever witnessed, I would want no part in running it every day.

Comment

I have genuinely seen better on the dumpster he will probably have to pay someone to take it away as it is a lump of genuine best quality scrap iron Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

The most valuable thing about auctions like this is the list of people who bid on it!

Anyone want to buy a bridge? (bridge that is, not Bridgeport)

Comment

Take a look at his other sales. He seriously needs to learn how to rotate his pics. Makes me dizzy.
                  Jim H.

Comment

That is an example of true artistic talent.

Taking a big boat anchor and making it an even bigger boat anchor
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                    X