OT: Dell support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Dell support

So today I have a problem with my computer at work, and have to call Dell technical support so I can get warranty service on my machine. The music on hold for the "Gold Technical Support" included:

"I could wile away the hours
    conferring with the flowers
    consulting with the rain.
    And my head I'd be scratchin'
    While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
    If I only had a brain"

That's from the Wizard of Oz, of course. I wonder how other "Gold Technical Support" customers react to that.
    The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

that is a classic!! have to wonder if it was amusing to someone at dell as well.

Comment

Ah, the days of Dell tech support. At least you have gold so you can speak to someone in North American.
      John

Comment

Don't get me going on Dell "support".

plm

Comment

We have Premier Support and wait times can be horrible. I think I've been on hold for 30 minutes on numerous calls.

Thank goodness our support structure changed and we just deal with corporate support and they deal with Dell.

Comment

I've dealt with the support people in India quite enough. My next laptop will come with LOCAL warranty service. Period.
            Mark

Comment

Bob Hobbebi,Dell Tech rep.

"Thank you sir for calling Dell support you American devil you,would you like to buy a slurppy?"
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Well, I guess it could have been worse. I only had to reboot my computer 4 times before he agreed that I needed some new hardware. At least he had a Texas accent, and didn't say

"I am thinking you will be needing to be booting your computer, sir."

Yeesh. Well, it looks like my laptop needs a new "motherboard".

-M
                The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

I buy hp, I help my dell friend owners at times but the bottom line is %98 is behind the keyboard on both brands.(both are good)

The dell seemed fine to me, but I dont buy them.

Comment

All that needs to be done is to use the facilities provided

One simply sends an E-Mail to a friend.

All publicity, some say, is good.

And if the rest of the readers agree- they send the E-mail of the correspondence.

Mutterings down in the Dell?????????

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tattoomike68:
                      I buy hp, I help my dell friend owners at times but the bottom line is %98 is behind the keyboard on both brands.(both are good)

The dell seemed fine to me, but I dont buy them.
                      </font>
                      Yeah, that type of problem is known around here as PEBKAC. (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). Not this one, though.

I generally don't have a problem with Dell, but it was a Company Decision to go with them. The hassle is that Dell can't do anything in less than 3 days. And once you start depending on the computer, it's a real PITA to be without it. (whine mode off)

Comment

I was so impatient waiting for my computer to be fixed, I learned how to do it all myself. 10+ years now building my own computers and fixing them, wouldnt have it any other way.
                        IF I have to call up a tech support line and I sense they are reading off a checklist, I hang up.

Comment

Working...
                        X