New mill owner checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mill owner checking in

Hi, Im new to these boards. Im in the process of setting up a Home shop. Today I brought home my new to me Bridgeport.

It came with a old vise made by "bees Mfg." I have never seen this name before. Anyone know much about these vises? Im really excited about the mill. I also picked up a nice Logan 10" lathe a few weeks ago. Its kind of frustrating since these toys will have to sit in storage untill I build my shop in a year. But I thought Id share a pic and say Hi!
    JP

Howdy.
    Smitty.... Ride Hard, Die Fast

Comment

Congrats!
      Love bridgeports and Logan too.
      http://www.jjjtrain.com/vms/lessons_..._machines.html
      Some good info on the Bridgeport history

Comment

Welcome to Gossip Central!

Too bad we don't know who you are or where you are. I'd be happy to store all that iron for ya 'til next year.

Comment

here is the logan. I just completely cleaned and repainted it after a near complete tear down.
          And since everyone likes pics. This is my free rockwell carbide tool cutter. It was given to me about 10 years ago. I didnt even know what it was. I always planed to cut it up and make a grinding wheel out of it. Boy, Am I glad I never "got around" to destroying it!

Comment

Comment

Well, actually its a Montgomery Wards lathe, made by logan. Anyone know when it was made? It has a flat belt, but a V belt off the motor.

Comment

Alistair will swoon at the powder blue.
                Nice job. Steve
                Steve

Comment

Both Sears & MW sold metal lathes (and shapers) during the late 1940's until around the 1960's.

------------------
                  Barry Milton
                  Barry Milton

Comment

If you go to www.loganact.com and check the "lathe dept", there is a listing of serial numbers and dates. Wards have special numbers, Logans have 5 digits.

Might or might not be a Wards. Mine looks like a wards, meaning it looks like yours.

But it is actually a very early Logan made in Feb 1942, when they probably gathered up anything that would put a machine together and filled Army orders. Mine went to the Corps of Engineers.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

Thanks for the link. Late 1947. Its definately a Wards. Still has the label on it.

[This message has been edited by spam4einstein (edited 05-05-2005).]

Comment

Welcome to the forum. JRouche
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

HMMMMM. Looks like a set of Atlas legs under your Logan

TC

Comment

Working...
                          X