Just bought a tapping head, any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a tapping head, any info?

Hey guys! I hope I didn't screw up here. It was pretty shiny so I had to have it.
    It's a "BIG Accu" #412. Paid $99 USD for it. Looks to be in good shape and the guy says it works fine. He ripped me on the shipping...guess he was a bit pissed cuz nobody else bid on it, but it's still a pretty good deal I guess. Ha...That's if they're any good or if it isn't worn out.
    Anyone know anything about these? Thanks!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Not a damn thing,wonder did they also make a "little Accu"?

Pictures are in order!

Hehehe..I got a #3 Procunier off ebay for $15.00 and a #2 Ettco for $12,just thought I would share that

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 05-07-2005).]
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Russ,

Looks like my TapMatic. When it arrives you should be able to track down the manufacturer.

All the ones I've rebuilt are pretty much the same. Clutch pack at the top, planetary gearing at the bottom. Make sure to build a torque arm to mount to the table or quill, you don't want to try to hold on!

------------------
      Barry Milton
      Barry Milton

Comment

This is the pic that was on fleabay

I did a google search on this and can't find too much info.
        BIG is now BIG Kaiser Tooling but this is a renamed company or something. Head was made by LSU or something like that.
        weird...ya made me sick . This is about the best deal I've seen up here in months.
        The more common ones go for $250 and up unless I've missed one.
        Russ
        BTW...The guy was a true source of info...asked him what taper the shank was..."Ummm...5/8" I think"

[This message has been edited by torker (edited 05-07-2005).]

[This message has been edited by torker (edited 05-07-2005).]
        I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

BTW...The guy was a true source of info...asked him what taper the shank was..."Ummm...5/8" I think"

Either dad/grandpa dropped dead or he was walking by a window and needed money to buy crack
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
          X