PRINTS FOR BEGINERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRINTS FOR BEGINERS

SO many have been asking for a starter project, so here ya go...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...f/HAMMERBP.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../punchesBP.jpg

I made almost the exact same hammer back when I was going to school, it is still in the toolbox and gets used alot. Mine hase a punch attached to the back cap though. That is a good project for you noobies.

Comment

My first project since buying a 3 in 1 was to build a nice hefty brass drift punch for knocking the taper out of my chuck. It was a quick and simple way to use both the lathe and the mill. Came out fine, too - so nice, in fact, I hate to use it. I bought another chuck and arbor.

dp

Comment

Those look like they're out of the South Bend Projects book. Good stuff either way!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pgmrdan:
          Those look like they're out of the South Bend Projects book. Good stuff either way!</font>

If you look in the title block it say's SouthBend Machine Shop Course. Hmm

Comment

Yep, you're right. It does say that. But that's not the title of the book they're in.

On the cover of the book it says:

Machine Shop Projects
            South Bend Lathe Works

It's the companion book to South Bend's book How to Run a Lathe.

That way someone can order the book if they want a bunch of projects.

Comment

Looks like the hammer I made in the "Beginning Machine Shop" night class I took at the local tech school, years ago. It's not proportioned correctly though -- the handle diameter is a little too big for the size of the head, IMO.
              ----------
              Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
              Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
              Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
              There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
              Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
              Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

The handle is made large to put the punches into it. Duhhh.

Comment

Yeah, I know -- but the balance of the hammer doesn't feel right!

----------
                  Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
                  Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
                  Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
                  There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
                  Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
                  Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Working...
                  X