From the ashes redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the ashes redux

To all my friends here's an update of my recovery from my stroke.

Thanks for your concern and for halting the technical talk for a moment to wish me good recovery.

Here's an update. It's been 18 days since I woke to a new set of circumstances. After 4 days in Harrison Memorial Hospital, Bremerton I moved to Good Samariton Hospital in Puyallup which has a stroke rehab unit of national reknown.

Thanks to the people at Good Sam and thanks to some excellent (read relentless) therapy, I'm pretty much on the mend and my balance, swallowing, weakness, double vision, etc are reduced from frustrating disabilities to minor nuisances. I'm due to go home in a few days so I'm looking forward to that. I'll be staying with Barbara commuting days to my house and phasing back into my regular life. I might be another week or a month before I'm fully up to speed. Working safely alone in my shop is a matter of some concern so there's another gradual phase-in program to contend with.

I couldn't have had as satisfactory a recovery without the help of Barbara, my family, and my friends.

All in all I'm a lucky man. Coulda been much worse.

Forrest

Forrest --

All of us wish you godspeed in your recovery, and extend our thanks to those who have and will continue to help you get better.

John

Comment

Nice to see you are back and kicking.

Comment

Forrest:

Godbless for a speedy recovery. You are a lucky man.

Comment

I hope yours will be a quick and complete recovery.

Alex
          Alex

Comment

Forrest,
            My Prayers are with you also.
            Yes, you are a lucky man and you have more friends than you will ever know.
            There are many on this and other boards that respect your knowledge and wisdom even though we have never seen or spoken to you.
            God Bless.

Larry

Comment

Get well soon forest!

Rob

Comment

All the best,Forrest.Both my parents had strokes,so I know how frustrating it can be.
                I'm glad you accepted the help offered to you,it will benefit both you and your family.
                Here's wishing you many more years.

------------------
                Hans
                Hans

Comment

Forrest,

i hope you're back in action and up to full speed soon!!!!

andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Get well soon we are all looking forward to your return. Good luck!!

Comment

Praying for a speedy and full recovery. I Always enjoy reading your articles each month and the knowledgable input on this site. You were missed.

Comment

Get well soon! I am a very recent covert to the teachings of Forrest. You are my favourite column in HSM
                        Dave

Comment

Sure hope it had nothing to do with the inflatable sheep. That could be a whole 'nuther yarn to spin.

Glad to hear you've mended up a bit.
                          Best wishes for a full recovery as fast as possible.

Comment

Glad to see you're making headway Forrest. They're not going to keep an old cantankerous intellect like you boxed up in a room very long. Especially if there's nurses involved.

Comment

Glad you are getting better hope all continue on a positive note. You are in our prayers.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X