• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Neil!!!!!

Can I have a job?

Can't spel
    Ain't ever learnt grammar.
    But I sure can B.S. with the best of them. I would go from town to town taking pics of the worlds coolest machine tools. These would go in a column each issue and I would title it World's Coolest Machine Tools. I work for cheap too all I need is an R.V. $200-$300 per diem and I am set. Maybe an assistant or two. Anyone interested?

Where do I sign up for the assistant position? I've got a digital camera, can type about 17 words per minute on a computer, and only need $150/day and a bunk in the rv. Bobby

Comment

Gee, sign me up too!

Comment

Neil,
        You get the R.V. and pick us up we can split the per diem 3 ways. Yeeehaaaa

Comment

Sounds like a government job to me. Like when I was in the Artic and the Canadian Army was flying some civies all over for no reason in a twin Otter. Land, stand on the tarmac and look around, take off. At only $28,000 per flight - what a deal.

Count me in too - I promise to fart out the back windows - no, really I would...

Comment

Thrud, this is right up my alley, having just retired from a government job! I'm ready. Bobby

Comment

Thrud, There is a (US)Govt. job like that. It's called EKV (Exo-atmospheric Kill Vehicle). They get paid extra for obtuse names. They are in the process of installing 5 missile defense EKV's in silos on some forsaken island off Alaska to be ready in mid 2004. They can only work for a few months of the year when everything isn't frozen and snowing horizontaly. It's a several $ billion job. I'm sure they could use a few charismatic storytellers when they discuss cost & schedule. Presently, the boosters don't separate & boost, the cryo system freezes and doesn't cool, and the optics are supposed to "bolt together" so they don't need alignment. A real opportunity for the right people.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crossthreaded:
                Thrud, There is a (US)Govt. job like that. It's called EKV (Exo-atmospheric Kill Vehicle). They get paid extra for obtuse names. They are in the process of installing 5 missile defense EKV's in silos on some forsaken island off Alaska to be ready in mid 2004. They can only work for a few months of the year when everything isn't frozen and snowing horizontaly. It's a several $ billion job. I'm sure they could use a few charismatic storytellers when they discuss cost & schedule. Presently, the boosters don't separate & boost, the cryo system freezes and doesn't cool, and the optics are supposed to "bolt together" so they don't need alignment. A real opportunity for the right people.</font>
                I've heard that they did a realty check on building it on the Island, and have decided to build it on a barge, then float it out there.

Working in AK for projects involved in the Arctic, I can relate to what it costs to get anything done.

Comment

crossthreaded:
                  I can tell you what will happen right now - they will build them and then in the winter they will never be able to open the silo...

Duh, we never thought of that!

Have they not figured out yet that a mobile platform is harder to hit, cheaper to make, and can usually go through the take out at McDonalds?

Comment

Working...
                  X