Abusive language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive language

I would like to remind the BBS users that the use of abusive, vulgar, profane and sexually oriented language is inappropriate for this forum. Please act accordingly.

Thank you.

Neil

Gee Neil,

This mean I've gotta change my sign in name???

RR

Comment

Niel,

I agree with you totally, but I'm curious as to why you're reminding us now. Is it a case of few recent postings or have we been degrenerating slowly? I think the members would like to know whether you would simply like us to tone things down and avoid digressing to irrelevant and inappropriate topics, or you would like to have this board completely devoid of all profanity and questionable humour? I'm not challenging your authority. I just want to make sure that I follow the rules and guidelines of this board.

Albert

Comment

of course you should change your sign in name after all you don't come from Raglan hee hee Alistair icidently
        Neil If I have been one of the culprits I aplogise profusely Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I have come to regard this website and it's forums as a most pleasant, entertaining and helpfully informative component of my current activities.

The good natured, lusty bantering and ready and helpful assistance found on these forums brings back pleasant memories of my former shopmates whose similar ready willingness to help stood me in such good stead for 25 years.

It has served to dispel some of the problems of isolation attendant to retirement that retired persons, especially those who were active in a rewarding craft may experience.

We will all profit if the protocols of the internet were observed

Oscar Ortiz

O

Comment

I'm on board, Neil. I don't know if I'm one of the culprits or not, but I'll watch the language and subject matter. This board is too important to me to tick you off. This is a truly great service you provide!

Comment

Neil
              I appologise for instigating the whole lot. I have let my baser instinct get the better of me. I also appologise to any of the other readers that may have been offended by my cavilier use of slang and unconventional english.

I have no excuse and know better. Sorry.

Comment

Thrud,
                I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, and that is my loss. I respect your honesty,knowledge and guts! You are, "good people".
                Hugh
                hms

Comment

Neil,

I find that one of the great attractions of this board, apart from the obvious 'comraderie' of like minded people engaged in similar pursuits, are the wonderful levels of banter, and humour displayed by most contributors. Sometimes the 'one liners' have me rolling around in stitches of laughter, a fantastic antidote to the every day grind of life!

I know that I have been guilty of the odd indiscretion; for which I humbly apologise. I also apologise for my earlier post on this thread, as re-reading it, it may appear to be discourteous to your authority; which was not my intention.

Having said that, I would like to ask of you the question: is this reminder in response to a complaint, or is it a management generated issue? Also I would endorse Rotate's question:-

"Is it a case of few recent postings or have we been degrenerating slowly? I think the members would like to know whether you would simply like us to tone things down and avoid digressing to irrelevant and inappropriate topics, or you would like to have this board completely devoid of all profanity and questionable humour?"

I will endeavour to be respectful of your wishes in future. Finally, may I thank you for making possible one of the best forums available on the Internet. Also, may I thank all the contributors to this BB for their inputs, indeed, ~ 'a better band of brothers would be hard to find'

RR

[This message has been edited by Ragarsed Raglan (edited 09-13-2002).]

Comment

I guess I better clear up a little confusion.

I had received two e-mails a few days apart stating some comments on the board were somewhat vulgar. The actual messages were not identified. I did not review each and every note but elected to remind the BBS users of the language clause in the users agreement.

Over the past year and a half, I've immensely enjoyed the questions, replies and comments. I've learned and re-learned a lot regarding machining and procedures from your postings. There are a number of times the subjects have drifted "off topic" but that's part of the fun. I see no reason to throw all of that into the dumpster. I'm not asking everyone to scrap the forum, just use a little discretion.

With that said, I'd like to thank all of you for your support, both on the board and off the board.

Sincerely,
                    Neil

Comment

Neil
                      I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoy the postings here and the guys are great fun I am glad that there is not a complete clamp down on a little humour as I like a laugh as far as profanity is concerned I think uour comments were fair enough' I can certainly live without it doesn't bother me I like the idea from time to time being free to drift a little off machinig etc as some of the non machining topics that have come up are still worthwhile in my opinion.
                      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Neil,

I don't remember reading that language clause, perhaps you could refresh the old gray matter. No need to point fingas, I'm sorry guys! I'll try my best not to cross that line no more, damit!

Comment

Working...
                        X