more dump fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more dump fun

I was down at the dump again today and found this still wrapped in plastic- never been used .

http://www.rubber-stamp.com/polymer.htm

It occurs to me that instead of making a rubber stamp-it could be used to make a rubber mould for investment casting something like a brass plate with a logo,or letters and numbers ect .

Has any one have any knowledge of this machine and it use ?

Find number 2 was this;-

http://207.89.146.4/kzooindustries/i...pics/s4s21.jpg

The website claims it goes at 3615 SFM is this a sensible speed for grinding woodworking plane irons and chisels or is it too fast for carbon steel?

I find my self using the hand held belt sander a lot to dress a quick and dirty edge on my woodworking tools at the moment ,and i am prety sure that belt is not going at 3615 SFM.

Reason I ask is the motor might get swapped if it is unusable (think that it just has a siezed bearing-hopefully motor is not burned) and I wonder if there is an advantage in using a slower motor - or do I stick with the 3450 RPM motor?

I think I am beating Hoffman in the dirty tool salvage dept at the moment!

[This message has been edited by thistle (edited 06-01-2005).]

Cool!Great find on the Kalamazoo belt grinder.
    3600 is good,but slower would be better for woodworking tools.
    Oooooh!I know,dig a VFD out of another dumpster and make it variable speed
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

WOW...where is this dump???? Actually, if i were you i'd keep it to myself!

nice gear !

Comment

I gotta get myself a better dump.

Comment

And I been waisteing my time dumpster diving. I get a bad headache from it. I'll have to locate my nearest dump (I'll tell ya, heavy trash day in most communities will net some pretty nice steel every now and then)

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-02-2005).]
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
          X