Meet Fritz ....My Next Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Fritz ....My Next Project

got this machine off ebay the other day .
    cost me آ£0.99p.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7520863782

Anyhows I picked it up the other day .
    there is no model number on it .....all I know is that it is a Fritz Werner universal mill.
    and it was in a lot better condition than those ebay pics sugested.
    only it's stripped right down and I've got to work out how to get it all back together.
    all the parts are there bar the gear that drives the head. {at the moment it looks very like one of the gears from my old shaper will fit)
    I dont know what it looks like when assembled ..but think it looks similar to a deckel.

My gantry came out for an airing

motor is 3.2 kw

Main gearbox has its own cam opperated oil pump.

Electrics in cabinet look neatly done.

To me it looks like all I have to do is assemble it .test run it ..diassemble it .......and prep for spray painting.
    we will have to wait and see what happens.
    all the best..mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 06-09-2005).]

Looks like it will make you a nice mill when you get done with it.
    Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael Az (edited 06-09-2005).]

Comment

To heck with the mill, I want the gantry. Mine weighs a ton. I think it almost killed me.

A real intelligent man can take scrap and make something useful. The extent of that usefulness is only limited by a mans intelligence.

Flip-Flotsam, a Link television broadcast shows the flip-flop manufacturing process in Africa, the discarding of them in the sea, the collection of them by "black people with nothing" and the carving of them into trade trinkets and toys for thier children. The ring of black women reminded me of the women doing quilting bees in my childhood years.
      The quilting ladies (most white) would make each in turn a quilt from rags-scraps from each of thier households. I remember one boy that came to sleep over, he saw his old-favorite shirt made into a patchwork blanket and cried. I was about 4 or 5 then. Popcorn and a 6 1/2 oz coke made it allright.

My first memory a black man was on the convict road-work crew. Me asking him what happened to him to make him black? He explained god did it to him. He was mad at his father. I still don't understand.
      My first memory of a black woman? We had a nanny. I'd go running through the house, duck under the always standing ironing board and run out the back door. She was ironing, I ran through, ducked under the ironing board, right up into the open door of the refrigarator, there was a table fan running in there (I knocked it over) and it was blowing cool air across her as she ironed.
      I saw her at my Grannies funeral. I didn't know her or why, but I went over and hugged her neck. (only black woman there) and She explained to me she was my Nanny. I think I recognized her in the back of my memory.

Imagine her fear of a tattooed long haired 275 pound man coming up and hugging her.

ohh hell,,, done rambled plumb off post.. Sorry.. stinking fingers fly..
      David

Comment

Working...
      X