40 taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 taper

Is 40 taper the same as international standard taper? I picked up a adcock and shipley mill 1E i think is the model and am trying to find some tooling for it. Thanks all

My understanding is the taper is the same, but the CAT40 lacks the "snout" of the international taper.

I've got a Narex boring head with the international 40 taper on the shank, and it looks like I'll have to take all the snout off of it to get it to the same length as the CAT40. I don't know if the threads will be deep enough for the pull stud after that. But I think that for a boring head, which should see much lighter loading than an endmill holder, a reduced amount of engagement between the holder and the pull stud shouldn't be a problem.

The boring head will be used for finishing, not roughing.

cheers,
    Michael

Comment

Thanks for your help.
      <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Michael Moore:
      My understanding is the taper is the same, but the CAT40 lacks the "snout" of the international taper.

I've got a Narex boring head with the international 40 taper on the shank, and it looks like I'll have to take all the snout off of it to get it to the same length as the CAT40. I don't know if the threads will be deep enough for the pull stud after that. But I think that for a boring head, which should see much lighter loading than an endmill holder, a reduced amount of engagement between the holder and the pull stud shouldn't be a problem.

The boring head will be used for finishing, not roughing.

cheers,
      Michael
      </font>

Comment

Working...
      X