Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bbssystem.com is down for a little while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbssystem.com is down for a little while.

BTW, if anyone is trying to get on bbssystem.com, it will be down for a little while. I updated the kernel and a ton of packages but I couldn't remotely reboot it successfully so I have to wait for a monkey to physically power cycle it for me. I have no idea where I am in the "queue", so... It could be anytime now, or up to 24 hours.

-Adrian

I was wondering, linux is usuly solid as a rock.

Comment

Nope, I goofed. I switched to runlevel 0 from root so I could reboot the new kernel I installed, but that killed the xinetd (along with my ssh connection) so networking is down and it's probably waiting for input from the console (it's a headless rackmount server) so I put a request in for a monkey to walk over and press the reset button. I wasn't thinking.

I forwarded the bbssystem.com domain to this thread so hopefully that will help a little while we wait

-Adrian

Comment

Did you do a Chkconfig --list to see what run level does what? Hmm, maybe thats just a fedora command. A Pretty handy one though!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillH:
          Did you do a Chkconfig --list to see what run level does what? Hmm, maybe thats just a fedora command. A Pretty handy one though!</font>
          I added an rc script for runlevel 0 to swap kernels and reboot after all of the halt scrips ran. I just forgot that I wasn't sitting on the console like I normally am so I wedged myself. It happens... once or twice

-Adrian

Comment

I take it that telnetchat is on the server also since it seams to be down also

Matt in AK
            Matt in AK

Comment

So 3 phase, how/when do you want me to get that giant file to ya?

Comment

Yup, the chat server is down too.

Tuckerfan, Do you have a single archive of all of the files? I can either setup an FTP site for you to upload it, or I can download it from an FTP server, or if the website is still up, I can just crawl everything off it. If you want to get fancy, I can setup a Samba server/NFS server and you can tunnel in and mount one of my exports. Whatever is easier for you -- just let me know.

-Adrian

Comment

I've got a single zip file of the whole mess, but I've no idea of how to do FTP. I managed to find the site where it was originally hosted, but the guy's pulled the files down.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tuckerfan:
                    I've got a single zip file of the whole mess, but I've no idea of how to do FTP. I managed to find the site where it was originally hosted, but the guy's pulled the files down.</font>
                    How big is the .ZIP? If you can manage to email it, just email it to:

[email protected] (Replace the ZERO with an 'o' in .c0m)

-Adrian

Comment

It's about 1 gig. I'll give it a shot emailing it to you in a bit.

Comment

I think i have a 100mb limit set so wait a minute and let me change that.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb:

BTW, if anyone is trying to get on bbssystem.com, it will be down for a little while. I updated the kernel and a ton of packages but I couldn't remotely reboot it successfully so I have to wait for a monkey to physically power cycle it for me. I have no idea where I am in the "queue", so... It could be anytime now, or up to 24 hours.

-Adrian
                          </font>
                          If you ever need a mirror let me know - all my systems are Sun Sparc but php and mysql support are in place. I already host about 90 domains so one more emergency backup won't hurt. About the telnetchat tool - had you looked at phpchat? I have several instances running and it's pretty much painless. Islandmele.com is one such but you have to like Hawaiian music a lot :-)

dp

Comment

I think it's on the way. I couldn't send it using my regular mail client, so I'm trying to send it via gmail's webmail, but I'm not sure if it's going or not. It says it's sending it, but it also said that the document contains no data.

Comment

dp,

Your a man after my own heart, you have real computers.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X